Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

1989 Softail Bobber

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Softail Bobber

I figured I would try and sell my Softail since I have two other projects waiting to get built. It's an 89 Softail, Formerly a Heritage Softail. Clean Genuine Harley title. stock Evo motor (I think), I've never had it apart. It has Vance and Hines pipes and a Hypercharger from the previous owner. It's always ran so good I've never had to mess with anything or open up the motor so I don't know if it has anything other than stock parts in it. 38K miles, doesn't smoke, burn oil or make any unusual sounds. Trans shifts great. The bike really needs nothing. Depending on your state motor vehicles laws you may need to install turn signals and a front fender (and lower legs with fender brackets). I rebuilt it from the Heritage to it's current "look" about three years ago. Wheels have new seals and bearings were re-packed about a month ago. It's converted to a chain drive with a Tsubaki Gold sealed "O" ring chain. The seat is brand new. It has 13" "Chubby" ape bars with internal wiring.

It has a powdercoated gloss black fatboy front end, rear struts and tailight. The sheetmetal is Clearcoat over base metal. The paint shop that did the work also used somekind of Catalyst between the clearcoat and metal of the tank. He said it seals it better against rust showing up and has used this procedure on other bikes.

I just rode it back and forth to our local WildWood "Roar to the Shore" bikeweek a few hours away. It's a very reliable bike, you can hop on it and ride it anywhere, hours on end.

I'm looking to get $5,500 or the best REASONABLE offer. PM me if you want other pictures or want to see the bike, Thanks.