Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2008 Street Glide with LOW MILES and CLEAN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
itimmers
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking 2008 Street Glide with LOW MILES and CLEAN!!!

BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD on 6/4/2012! 103" motor is still available!

PRICE IS FIRM at $15,500...and it's only good for the next couple days. I have a buy bid on it already, and will let them have the bike.
Read the BLUE section BELOW for the bonus buy!

I’m selling my 2008 Harley FLHX Street Glide that is OEM painted Merlot Sunglo!!! Thats right, it is the only 2008 that has this 2011 color on it! The color was swapped out because I chose to keep my Black Pearl tins/plastics and added accessories(my ultra tour pak, vented lowers and CVO stretched bags) over to the 2011 Street Glide I just bought. NOW, the ONLY reason I am selling this bike is because I don't need 2 bikes. She only has 8330 miles on it and it has been maintained religiously since day 1. The 10K service has already been done at the dealer, like all the services! The bike has never been ridden in the rain and never been damaged or down. I have the title, it’s clean and clear, and I have all the service history and paperwork for it since new. It has almost brand new Metzler tires on it front and rear and I put a battery in it within the last 2 months. There was an extended warranty that expired in March… never had one problem, so didn’t bother extending it again…

This Street Glide is equipped with ABS Brakes, Cruise Control, and the passive security system. There’s almost $3000.00 worth of accessories added to the bike as well: Rinehart True Dual Exhaust system, Stage 1 intake, Screaming Eagle Tuner, Harley Oil Cooler, highway pegs with 360 degree adjustable hardware, Quick release hardware w/quick release upright and matching backrest pad, in-fairing antenna with signal booster, and upgraded tri-bar running light/brake light. This is the first year for Throttle-By –Wire, 6 GALLON FUEL TANK, fuel range indicator, Brembo brakes all the way around and soft shift rear pulley/hub(Isolated Drive system). Every one of these options is worth the extra $$$ spent over an older bike.

Don’t miss this beauty…it has many years and miles left on her! I have the clean and clear title in hand.
I received a buy bid from one of my local dealers and will be selling it to them in the next couple days if I don't get the $15,500 price. SELLING PRICE IS $15,500! Call Tim at FOUR EIGHT ZERO 399-2220 and come by and check it out.

I am going to SWEETEN this deal a bit, and this is only good if you buy the motor with the bike purchase! For an additional $3,000.00 I will include the modified 103ci Harley motor I was planning to install into this bike.

OK, this is the breakdown of the engine parts installed in the motor. Receipts total over $3,000 in just parts... including the labor costs, the total is OVER $5,000!

103" 1690cc big bore kit P/N 29905-07
Screamin' Eagle Pro Twin Cam 103+ cylinder heads P/N 17071-03B
10.5:1 Compression Piston Kit P/N 22483-04
SE 260 Cam Kit P/N 25475-06
Compression Release Kit P/N 32076-04

I have the full service history of the donor touring bike from day 1, the dealer replaced it with a Jim's 120. Since the build, the engine has around 8,000 miles on it(work performed at 2,587 miles, engine was removed @ under 11,000 miles). Each service was with Syn3 as well.

Just advertised it locally for $3900.00. The motor comes with a poly shipping crate and a Jim's engine stand too! Once you swap this motor in, the stock motor coming out is still worth some $$$.

Last edited by itimmers; 06-04-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: PRICE set to firm... 6/1/2012
Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a really good deal for someone. Good luck with your sale.

Shakey

Old 05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Kryptz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish it was in CT!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
BiggsintheAZ
Intermediate

I am in Scottsdale and have been looking around for street and or road glides. I like the color, and although the extras, low mileage sound great, it isn't the 2009 frame, and it isn't even the original color that bike was produced as, I am guessing pearl black?

Does the body part change out, changed color affect the price, in a more negative way? I know, it isn't the same as a color change on a car, just sayin!

It is difficult to calculate a "right" price on those things.

I'll let some supporters add their comments. I'm just thinking this one through sine I like the color and you are here in town.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
BiggsintheAZ
Intermediate

I just realized my post may have sounded a little negative. I apologize I wasn't trying to do that, just thinking out loud with my fingers.

I am trying to decide if I will pursue, but surely, a nice SG at a fair price will sell quickly.

Good luck with the sale, it' s great looking bike.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
itimmers
Road Captain
Talking

Originally Posted by BiggsintheAZ
I am in Scottsdale and have been looking around for street and or road glides. I like the color, and although the extras, low mileage sound great, it isn't the 2009 frame, and it isn't even the original color that bike was produced as, I am guessing pearl black?

Does the body part change out, changed color affect the price, in a more negative way? I know, it isn't the same as a color change on a car, just sayin!

I'll let some supporters add their comments. I'm just thinking this one through sine I like the color and you are here in town.
Yes, the bike was Black Pearl which was used from 2007-2009 on the touring lineup....If you wanted to buy a factory tour pak or vented lowers, all you would have to do is look up Merlot Sunglo and order it up! Changing the color should have no negative affect on the value of the bike, as long as its quality work. In this case, the front fender, fairing, tank and hard bags are all Factory HARLEY painted. The rear fender and side covers were professionally painted by a dealer recommended and dealer used painter, Chad @ www.crdesigns.com I suffer from OCD in the worst friggin way, so the painter had his hands full to deliver quality work. I would never accept anything but the best, he came thru 100% on a perfect color match and finish quality. If I never mentioned the color change, you would have never known. The 2011 I bought has the new frame... I actually think the 2008 is more nimble, and the accessories are cheaper to add onto the 2008. Is it worth paying more for? Thats your call...
I just realized my post may have sounded a little negative. I apologize I wasn't trying to do that, just thinking out loud with my fingers.

I am trying to decide if I will pursue, but surely, a nice SG at a fair price will sell quickly.

Good luck with the sale, it' s great looking bike.
I don't think you slammed my post, you brought up valid points.

It can't hurt to come see it in person... the bike is undeniably beautiful, has low miles and has a lot of lil goodies that are very appealing at a good price point. Heck, if you come see it...you could be a second set of eyes to confirm it's everything I say it is for any fellow members interested in a sweet bike. I can't stress enough that this is my baby, and it shows thru and thru!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes you are correct about the frame, unfortunately it is not the more desirable 09 and up frame. Also it isn't original without the original tins. Does the tin swap take away from the value? Guess that depends on the buyer. I'm like you on this one as far as the value goes. Interested in replies to this thread.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM
itimmers
Road Captain

Originally Posted by thegrants82
Yes you are correct about the frame, unfortunately it is not the more desirable 09 and up frame. Also it isn't original without the original tins. Does the tin swap take away from the value? Guess that depends on the buyer. I'm like you on this one as far as the value goes. Interested in replies to this thread.
2009 frame being more "desirable" is in the eye of the buyer and in the depth of the wallet... since a 2009 bike fetches a higher price.

These are original Harley tins.... the date code is the only thing that doesn't match up. So if someone bought a new painted tank directly from HD, that would affect it's value? I wouldn't think so. I don't see customers disassembling used bikes at the dealership to verify date codes on the body parts either.

Anyone can go on Ebay and buy a full set of painted tins from a donor bike, just don't see how that affects value as long as it's not shoddy paint or an undesirable color.

Last edited by itimmers; 05-17-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by itimmers
2009 frame being more "desirable" is in the eye of the buyer and in the depth of the wallet... since a 2009 bike fetches a higher price.

These are original Harley tins.... the date code is the only thing that doesn't match up. So if someone bought a new painted tank from HD, that would affect it's value? I don't think so.
Not knocking it, I actually think it's a nice scooter for a very realistic price.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
itimmers
Road Captain

Originally Posted by thegrants82
Not knocking it, I actually think it's a nice scooter for a very realistic price.
I do appreciate that... I just don't want people thinking it's a thrown together POS because I didn't describe it properly. LMAO!

Honestly, my wife and all my friends think I was nuts for ever even buying a newer bike since this thing might as well be still in the wrapper.

Now I have a 2011 Black Pearl FLHX...which Harley never made either. I kind of like the diversity and individuality it offers. I already had a couple people do a double take at the 2011 and then ask what color it was! LOL! Since the color swap, the 2008 has only left the garage for a short test ride and for the photo shoot on the OP... so it's still under wraps.

Last edited by itimmers; 05-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Street Glide with LOW MILES and CLEAN!!!