Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Thinking of Selling my 78 Superglide- Fair Price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:33 PM
one78shovel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling my 78 Superglide- Fair Price?

Man, can't believe I'm thinking about selling my sled. I'll spare you the details and there is a bright side, I will still have my 03 RKC but it ain't no shovel.

I bought the bike in 2004 form a guy who inherited it from his estranged Dad. I guess they had not talked in years up until he died and next thing he knew, the bike shows up at his house. It had 'Nasty Habbits' painted on the rear fender and some Indian Woman paint scheme on the tanks. It was vintage era stuff. It was really faded so I had the metal painted in 05 by Hog Wild Customs in Oxnard CA.

Since I have rebuilt the oil pump and Bendix carb. Added chrome front sliders and straight pipes. Replaced coil and battery and replaced chain, rear sprocket. Still running points/condenser. She's a two kicker cold and a one kicker hot.

Now the rest of the story

-She marks her spot in both motor and trans oil.

- After sitting for a couple weeks will blow oil from the crankcase. Need to lap the ball seat in pump. A pan does for now.

-Throttle cable needs eventually replaced. Its frayed on end at carb connection.

- Bike will stumble on itself at WOT. Carb upgrade or overhaul coming

- Fwd brakes are shot. Master cylinders both fwd/aft need repaired/replaced

- Mileage Odometer INOP.

Been researching prices on Ebay, Craiglist etc and want to price it fairly, if I do sell. Tell me what you think

78- Superglide
1200cc 74" (Might be 80" I'm not sure. I guess the number of fins on the cylinder is the clue? Mine have 9)
16" Rear/21" Front
4" Risers
Bendix Carb
Points igniton
Paint in 04
New front tire 7/14

Anyway, here is a video I have from recent. ( Just noticed the sound is off in sync. Must be a Photobucket thing)

Last edited by one78shovel; 07-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.