Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Week long ride through Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Week long ride through Colorado

Please consider joining our group for a week long ride through Colorado. Our group started these annual rides back in 2007, shortly after HDF began. This is a loose bunch and we have a lot of fun together. Some years we've had as many as 30 riders but generally between 20-25. Take a look at this link...and if you are considering coming along please keep Bill posted on the SW Forum.

Al (AKA: Whiskers)

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/south...le-2015-a.html

Old 02-22-2015, 04:32 AM
turtlspd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun.
When will it happen? (Damn sure won't be THIS weekend. Lol)
What is the route?

Old 02-24-2015, 05:07 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

The link in my first post has a lot more information but I'll cut/paste the route for you all. In past rides the most riders have been from states south and west of Colorado (with few CO riders at all) so it generally makes sense to start at Bill Nourse' house in Bloomfield NM (near Farmington NM). You can do all, some, or just join for a day...

-
Route for the trip has been pretty much firmed up as follows: Day 1- Bloomfield/Farmington, NM to Durango, to Delores to Ridgeway to Silverton to Durango. Passes= Lizard Head, Red Mountain, Molas, Coal Bank. Lunch in Ridgeway at True Grit café and a stop at Dennis Weaver Park.

Day 2: Durango to South Fork to Gunnison to Salida. Passes= Wolf Creek, Slumgullion, Spring Creek, Monarch.

Day 3: Salida to Leadville with a side to Independence Pass, Tennessee Pass, Feemont, Vail Pass, to Breckenridge, Fairplay to Evergreen/Denver. Passes= Independence, Tennessee, Vail, Fremont, Hoosier, Kenosha.

Day 4: Evergreen/Denver to Mt. Evans, to Silverthorne via Hwy 6 for Loveland Pass, to Kremmling to Walden to Ft. Collins. Passes= Loveland, Cameron.

Day 5: Ft. Collins to Estes Park to Granby, to I-70 to Englewood/Denver. Passes: Fall River, Milner, Berthoud.

Day 6: Englewood/Denver to Colorado Springs to Pikes Peak and back to Colorado Springs to Canyon City to Salida. No passes today, but Pikes Peak will make up for it.

Day 7: Salida to Saguache to North Pass to Alamosa to Chama, NM to Bloomfield/Farmington. Passes: North, Cumbres, La Manga.

I will soon start the process of finding lodging. I really need a tentative list of people that are planning to do this as I will probably get better rates the bigger the block of rooms is. We also have a dinner/get together at our place the night before the ride for Green Chile and other Mexican food and Green Chile wine and we will need a head count for that.

Bill