Multi-Fit Parts and Accessories For those Parts and Accessories that fit more than one model of Harley Davidson.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Dyna tank lift kits for sale (made to order)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dyna tank lift kits for sale (made to order)

Due to a posting in the Dyna forum I've made my own tank lift with the help of Jimbo and Intruder and now I'm willing to help out anybody who would like to lift their tank but dosen't have the time or resources. Below is a description of what you get for 1/3 the price from the catalogs. Due to tolerances I'd suggest you go with either 2 1/4" or longer lift. Please include your screen name in or on the envelope so I know who is getting it.

This lift will not fit '06 and newer FXDWG. I've been told it has something to do with the bars hitting the tank. I guess if you could mount the tank back about an inch it would work, And the wiring is not long enough to go higher than 2".

For $20.00 you will recieve the necessary, all 316 stainless steel, 4 1/2" bolt to compensate for the 1/8" lifting pieces. You'll also get 2 - 5/16 X 3/4" bolts, 2 spacer washers, 2 lock washers, 2 nuts, 2 stainless hose clamps, fuel line, and breather hose (check to insure yours is 5/32" vaccum hose). Email me with any questions.

Also I will not be painting them because you may want it painted to match the bike.

Here is a picture of the pieces on my bike to give you an idea of what it looks like.
Name:  bikemods1wc0.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  89.9 KB

Old 04-08-2006, 08:59 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Default RE: Dyna tank lift parts for sale (made to order)

EagleArmsHBAR likes what he got. Here's an example of what they look like on a 06 Street Bob =>The Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:05 AM
phreak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it! Looks great! The line phrom the tank to the seat phlows much nicer.

I'd be interested in the same package you made phor EagleArmsHBAR.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:00 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

I replied to you PM. I'll await your response.

Thanks for your interest.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any difference in gas guage accuracy now due to the lifting of the front?

I'm not sure what kind of float mechanism is used in the tank but was wondering about this.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:40 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

I would assume there would be a moderate change in gas reading depending on how much you raise it up. The float is located near the front of the tank so dropping the gas towards the rear would affect the gauge reading.

That's something I didn't take into consideration. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain

No need to worry about gas gauge the moco cant get that rite thats for sure! I have the tank lift and a lowered rear suspension and I havent noticed a difference since the tank was on a slight rise to begin with.

Steve

When gas light comes on dont worry you still probably have a half or 3/4 of a tank.

steve

Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

Thanks to all the people who ordered the sets. I got one shipped out today (special order) and I'm awaiting 3 checks that should be here soon (same day shipping). Thanks again people.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
phreak
Road Master

Quality parts!!!

Thanks RudeDog. I got it installed today, and I will be putting up some pix of it soon.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 AM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Anybody interested in an easy mod should do this, I've had a lot of positive comments on it.. Park next to a bunch of Glides and somebody will notice... and your actually giving your engine better air flow.. I haven't notice any gas tank reading problems. The only thing I'd do is make sure you either siphon out your gas tank or run the gas tank almost empty before trying to change out the bottom crossover hose. Also, there will be a little gas in the hose no matter how the tank is emptied, before I cut the hose I clamped with vise grips on each side of the hose and cut between them, then I slipped a short piece of garden hose over the cut gas line, released the vise grip and emptied the gas into a gas can. My FXDI is Vivid Black I bought Rustoleum Flat Black Primer and Gloss Black and painted the pieces and they came of great... As I said this is the easiest and cheapest mod you can do to your bike... Way to go intruder400ex and RudeDog... [sm=biker2.gif]

Quick Reply: Dyna tank lift kits for sale (made to order)