National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Biketoberfest - Daytona 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketoberfest - Daytona 2013

After just moving to FL, I am planning on riding up to Daytona for Biketoberfest this year. I just wanted to put this out there and see what the best day to be there actually is. My friends and I are planning on riding up in the morning and only can only stay 2days/1 night.

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Good question and easy answer:

Friday and Saturday.
The party peaks then.
Sunday it empties fast and is closing down.

If you can swing it, come in on Friday and leave Sunday morning. That gives you Friday and Saturday night there.

Last edited by Jonesee; 07-12-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser

Awesome! So, next question.. I've never been to Daytona, so where are all the best bars at and where is all the craziness going to be? Just trying to find a hotel close to all the action.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Kozmo
Road Master

Received 332 Likes on 201 Posts

Main St. is lined with bars-Boot Hill Saloon, Froggys, The Bank and others, venders and shops.

On the outskirts you have The Cabbage Patch, iron Horse, Broken Spoke and a few others. Theses places are a little more "entertaining" as the evening goes on.
I believe they all have websites.

I do not know anything about what goes on at Destination Daytona.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Destination Daytona turns into a giant shopping mall. Companies have trailers to show you their various wares. There is a bar or two in that area. It's slam packed and hot as hell, though probably cooler in October.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

MisFit nailed it.
Beach Street will be lined with vendors too.

Boot Hill and Iron Horse are my favorites.

I agree with clubber, Destination Daytona has nothing to hold my interest.

I've looked and can't find it scheduled yet, but when you get there, find out if Willie's Tropical Tattoo is having a bike show. If you want to see some great garage built bikes, that is the place to be. Don't expect chromed out baggers or mass produced choppers, but you will see some damn cool old skool bikes...

Last edited by Jonesee; 07-19-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
zencaptain
Advanced

Agreed ^

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This site gives you an accurate picture of what you are looking for as far as bars etc in Daytona. The events listed on the map are for Bike Week, not Biketoberfest, but it should be useful info for you...

http://www.jdbikermap.com

Last edited by trafficjams; 08-28-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Fri and Sat are the only lively days. Sounds like you'll be happiest staying near Main St. As mentioned, there are a lot of bars and action going on in that area. The Ormond Strip is north of town and has The Iron Horse, Broken Spoke, Annie Oakley's, and a local favorite, The Beaver Bar, plus a few others. The White Eagle Lounge north of Destination Daytona is usually a hot spot, too. Roadside Café, North Turn, and The Cabbage Patch are south of town. Destination Daytona, Daytona Int'l Speedway, and Beach St are basically just vendors. Daytona H-D and its Museum is moving out of the Beach St location, so I don't know how many vendors will be there in the future.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

As mentioned the after 9pm experience at the iron horse saloon is kinda movie like.
Place is basically an empty dry lot with a name that is located in the middle of nothing.
They placed a wood pier looking structure in the middle and people stand on it looking at all the bikes entering and departing.
Usually has a wall of death show for about $5 and a concert on a small stage with a small bleacher area for a similar amount of $.
It includes a free to watch burn-out cage that is rather interesting to view people rip a nice bike apart for bragging rights until they realize they gotta walk home. People ride in-out under the pier like structure while people look down and have a drink out of disposable cup. Tattoo area and small shop. Outdoor venue, dirt floor that is FREE. You will end-up paying the boy scout troop at the gas station next door about $5 to park. Looks movie like and rather cool when packed at night with bikes and the website looks cool but dam the place is a dump in the daylight.
The Broken Spoke Saloon is nearby.
Main street is always packed with people drinking inside the bars.
The speedway is a walking area and might have some races available during your time visiting.
Bruce Rossmeyer Destination Daytona Harley shop and J & P cycle behind it are a large parking lot area full of people.
As an experience you probably need to visit those areas.
For a nice quiet time try Ponce inlet for a meal on the water, ride the "loop" and consider a ride north (about 1.25 hours along coast to St Augustine)
DO NOT PLAN ON EATING AT ANY OF THE PACKED EVENT LOCATIONS UNLESS YOU LIKE VERY HIGH PRICED and AVERAGE TASTING VENDOR FOOD.
Take rain gear and be prepared for both hot and colder weather.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest - Daytona 2013