National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Glencoe Campground Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Double Duece
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Glencoe Campground Question?

Need some advice from someone who has stayed at Glencoe campground. First timers planning our trip, and want to stay where the real party is at. Is this place better than the Spoke and Chip?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

To us it is. I have not stayed at the Chip but spent time there. Have stayed at the Spoke.

The Spoke:

Has a great pool with great bars. It is open for anyone to use. You don't have to camp there. We always take a ride there on one of the warmer days and hang out. I heard they were charging this year and giving a drink coupon but they didn't charge us. There was some toplessness at the pool this year and nobody said anything about it. There is no shade. There is no pavement in the camping area and there is no Titty Alley, so the party is in the bar at night and they keep a clamp on nudity and such. Also the Spoke is about 15 miles from downtown. The RV area has water and electric but no sewer hookups.

Spoke:

Glencoe:

Lots of trees, lots of grass and lots of places to tent camp, either on the alley or away from it. The alley is paved and the party goes on every night. People come in on different nights just for the party on titty alley so it's different every night also. The RV area is huge and has full hookups. To me there is no comparison but you need to be open minded. The debauchery on the alley was epic this year. The only place that doesn't allow nudity is the Pavilion. Anything goes in the rest of the campground. The usually party starts at dusk and goes till the wee hours. We have made a lot of friends at Glencoe and keep in touch with them all year long. It is only a two mile ride to town and if you are so inclined, (we aren't) you can walk to Full Throttle. In short, we won't stay anywhere else.

Glencoe:

Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Double Duece
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for! Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM
SmokinLoon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is to leave a bit of your vanity behind and go to Glenco and have fun! You can always go other places and check things out, but you won't need to. Glenco has it all. Bring ear plugs if you need to sleep before 2am, the party goes late and ultimatly never shuts down, quiet time is usually between 5am and 9am.

I was just there the first week of November passing through and stopped to take a few photos of the place. There was a nasty winter storm that hit the northern Black Hills the first week of Oct, they have a lot of clean up to do before next rally!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 PM
jsurvival
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay at glencoe, then stop by and have a drink with us. If you want the Sturgis experience this is the place to go. We love it.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I stayed at Lamphere Ranch last year adjacent to Glencoe. All I can say is the party over there went damn near to sunrise. I was tent camping and could here burnouts going to the wee hours.

I'm staying at Lamphere again this year but I think I'll have to go next door to see what all the craziness is all about.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:54 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was dribble's neighbor last year at Glencoe (2013). I may have been the year before but didn't know him then (dammit). I second everything dribble said.

We stayed at the Spoke in 2010 and 2011 and found the place to be very tame. The bugs come out of the weeds and are a real problem there. The pool is nice and we try to visit one day each year too. Nice to visit, but wouldn't stay there again. Don't know how anyone could tent there because of no shade. The Broken Spoke requires 18 or older to get in but the campground hostess traveled all day with her grade school aged daughter on her golf cart with her and bitched if she saw a nipple. Who needs that drama??

The chip stopped being "adult" in 2009 after the nudity law changed and they got chicken to allow the ladies to be topless. It has become pretty much a family park since. There will be guys argue they see plenty of pasties there but if you like skin you should go to Glencoe. If you drive around in the Buffalo Chip please be careful not to hit a child. I have never saw a child in Glencoe. The youngest so far was a guy who had just turned 18 and his dad brought him there. Boy did the ladies give him a B-day present!!!

BTW - that pic dribble posted from Titty Alley must have been a week before the rally. During the rally evenings it is packed with babes doing just what you see in that pic. The ladies cause such a traffic jam it can take several minutes to get thru!! Oh well, I have some time!!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Got our spot for this year. We'll see ya there.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:26 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can bet we have our spot too, dribble. Hell, I'm thinking about getting "M-19" tattooed on me!! I have asked my wife to scatter some ashes along Titty Alley when I pass. This year I'll be bringing a small cup of ashes of my best friend who passed on rally Friday last year. He was supposed to come with us last year but got very sick (cancer) a month before and never got to experience Glencoe.

Yes, , , you will "see" us there!!! We traded the red quad for a blue RZR so you may not recognize us right away.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:21 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by mowdoc
You can bet we have our spot too, dribble. Hell, I'm thinking about getting "M-19" tattooed on me!! I have asked my wife to scatter some ashes along Titty Alley when I pass. This year I'll be bringing a small cup of ashes of my best friend who passed on rally Friday last year. He was supposed to come with us last year but got very sick (cancer) a month before and never got to experience Glencoe.

Yes, , , you will "see" us there!!! We traded the red quad for a blue RZR so you may not recognize us right away.
I won't recognize you but I'll recognize your blond wife on the alley for sure. Sorry about your friend.

Quick Reply: Glencoe Campground Question?