National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Sturgis Virgin

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
drstat
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man thanks Mowdoc! Hell, i'm trying to cancel my broken spoke resv and head to glenco! Regardless I will make a visit to glenco at some point! ( l'll look you up!) Thanks for all the good advice! can't wait!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:01 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

10-4 Bro, we will be looking for you. I'll have a cool drink ready and if you have beads, my wife has something for you too.

One of the rides we like to take every year will be on Tuesday 8/5. We will be riding to Alzada Montana for Topless Tuesday. It's 79 miles from Glencoe and you ride in 3 states. They have a wet tee shirt deal that is pretty good. Worth the trip for sure. If you can hook-up with us before then, you are welcome to ride along.

I'm sure you are reading a lot about Sturgis. There are many rides to take that are fantastic. My favorite is Iron Mountain. Mount Rushmore is automatic so plan a day for that one. You should also consider riding to Devil's Tower in WY one day with a stop at the Stone House Saloon coming back. That ride will rack about 300 miles total so plan a full day for it. Badlands is a good run too but is mostly riding hiway speed all day. If you do Badlands, stop at Wall Drug Store as you pass. Lots and Lots to do and not enough time in one week. It's all good Bro.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:01 AM
drstat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jsurvival
Where are you coming from? I stay at glencoe, you need to go there on Sat night if you want an old school Sturgis experience, or stay away depending what your looking for. I never stayed at the spoke but never heard anything bad about it. The Chip is overated IMO, great concerts, but man they pack them in like sardines. Tons of good riding, keeps me going every year.
Might just do that!

Old 05-24-2014, 09:07 AM
drstat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mowdoc
10-4 Bro, we will be looking for you. I'll have a cool drink ready and if you have beads, my wife has something for you too.

One of the rides we like to take every year will be on Tuesday 8/5. We will be riding to Alzada Montana for Topless Tuesday. It's 79 miles from Glencoe and you ride in 3 states. They have a wet tee shirt deal that is pretty good. Worth the trip for sure. If you can hook-up with us before then, you are welcome to ride along.

I'm sure you are reading a lot about Sturgis. There are many rides to take that are fantastic. My favorite is Iron Mountain. Mount Rushmore is automatic so plan a day for that one. You should also consider riding to Devil's Tower in WY one day with a stop at the Stone House Saloon coming back. That ride will rack about 300 miles total so plan a full day for it. Badlands is a good run too but is mostly riding hiway speed all day. If you do Badlands, stop at Wall Drug Store as you pass. Lots and Lots to do and not enough time in one week. It's all good Bro.
mowdoc, I'm gonna take you up on that ride! Gonna take an extra day off work to get up there for Tuesday! I will keep you posted. I will pm you my info. Thanks for the good infor on Rushmore and it being a day ride. Its hard as hell to "Plan" when I havn't ever been there! However the only plan i got now is the resveration and the Spoke! Kinda how I like it, Nomad Spirit! BTW: I'm in New Orleans, Plenty of Beads! Will bring a little "special one" for yall!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mowdoc

mowdoc, ill be coming in hot from MD, fresh off a deployment and ready to detox... and looking for some insight for first Glencoe stay... If you have room for the ride sounds like a blast... Any particular place I should aim to pitch my tent if i get there early enough? I can sleep through anything.. I just want to be able to grab my chair and a beer and hold on tight.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Stratoscape - first I want to thank you for your sacrifice and service and tell you welcome home and glad you are safe.

Camping on a bike at Glencoe is about as easy as it gets because they offer people on bikes a special area where only bikes are allowed or can get thru the gate. This gives you a spot where aholes like myself can't run over your stuff with a golf cart, quad, RZR, truck or any other toy we bring to the rally!

You may also camp anywhere on the property you like except in an RV space. You have to pay the RV fee if you want one of those. Glencoe has shade on many acres so the only rush would be if you want a particular tree or restroom. Along Titty Alley a lot of RVs boondock so if you select a space there you will be sharing with large, noise making units. The upside to that is most RVs have females onboard!!

We plan to arrive at Glencoe on the 27th (we have RV space reserved) and if you ride straight thru you will be there plenty early to have your choice of camping spots too. There is always a place to pitch a tent but the good ones are gone by the beginning of the rally. Coming in a few days early has many benefits. I will warn you that the food kitchens at Glencoe will prolly not be serving until Wednesday 30th so you will have to make your own food or leave the property until then.

If you would like to, you can PM me and we can exchange contact info. You are welcome to ride with us any day we go. Topless Tuesday is a nice relaxing run with excellent returns (wink).

Old 06-03-2014, 08:30 AM
harleyhusker
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Stratoscape

As said above, THANK YOU FOR SERVING.

We always camp at Glencoe on the Alley. Our campsite will have a white canopy and a christmas three on a pole that is lighted. We camp just south of the pavilion on the alley.

We will have a cold beer waiting for you.

Ride safe.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:27 AM
kwoozn
Road Captain

Another first timer here, won't use the term virgin, not at my age!
Staying at Glencoe also........nightlife is the good life at the 'coe huh???
Keep the tips coming, look me up, I'll be on the black Harley, can't miss me!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Vikingfrt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mowdoc thanks for hosting me last year. Everything worked out just the way you said it would. I had a blast camping on titty alley. I still can't forget the guy that put a 10 x 20 movie screen over his trailer and projected adult films all night with a wicked sound system. I am grateful to be a help to your friends wife by renting his space after he passed.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

For those who are following this thread, Vikingfrt is the guy who bought the unused camping pass my friend who died did not use. I met him right here on this forum!! We met at the gate to Glencoe and he rode/eat/played with us last year. We made friends for life and it all worked very nicely. I want Bruce to know, he is so much like my friend was, I felt Dennis was along with us as originally planned. Thanks Bruce.

About that big screen. Louise and I did a short video for that guy in 2012. I was hoping to see myself in 2013 but did not. It was a blast regardless!!

kwoozn - Does your black Harley have chrome handlebars? That would make it easier to spot. In case I don't see you - we will be riding Titty Alley on a blue RZR this year so just wave us down to meet us. I have gained a little weight since last year but most guys recognize the wife first. Must be her blonde pigtails they remember??

See ya all there in 7.5 weeks!!!!

Quick Reply: Sturgis Virgin