National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Glencoe info for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

I was referring to Chilli having better sights, not sites.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:10 AM
gambler109
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I was referring to Chilli having better sights, not sites.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:38 PM
gambler109
Cruiser

Merry Christmas to all our Glencoe Friends. See you in July!

Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!!

Yep, we will be back at Glencoe in July too. See you there!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts
Default I agree

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I've always stayed at the Chip. I thought this year, I'd try out a different place, ie Glencoe. Arrived at Glencoe Monday evening (8/4/2014) and stayed till Sunday (8/10/2014). While I thought the restrooms and showers were fairly clean, it lacked that circus atmosphere of the Chip. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I thought the "Alley" was a disappointment. Maybe I wasn't around at the "appropriate" times. I was typically out all day riding, and back in the campground in the late evening.
It's back to the Chip for me. I just think the party is better over there, plus there is certainly much more going on and the bands/concerts are better.
If the "Alley" is really your interest, there are certainly much better rallies to see that. Check out some of the smaller rallies, like
Bamafest
HogRock
Indiana Boogie
EasyRiders Rodeo in Chillicothe, OH
I have to agree, I've seen crazier wild parties at the smaller rallies than at glencoe. ABATE rallies and Lil Sturgis (KY bike rally) are worth mentioning.

I'd suggest to anyone to alternate yr to yr and see which one fits you better.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
gambler109
Cruiser

Is it July yet? I'm ready to go! Waiting for this years concert line up!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:04 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Us too!!

I watched a video on youtube recently that featured a guy who called himself "The Mayor of Fun". He was talking about the 75th and things Glencoe is planning. He said they were bringing some mini bikes to have contests with for the campers. So now, I'm thinking there should be a topless ladies division on them.

I know gambler109 and his wife enjoy concerts so they should be blown away this year. I figure all the venues will be booking great acts.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Vikingfrt
Intermediate
Default Putting Glencoe on Notice

I am back this year to party and ride. I am bringing a first timer friend and tent camping on the Alley. I look at Mowdoc and his wife as the first couple of the Alley and they were great hosts to me in 2013. Can't wait to hang out with all their friends as well. New SGS to ride and sights to see.

Looking for new gear.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Jerome Casi
Novice

Got my glencoe letter today. Cant wait for this year. 3rd year at Glencoe, love the place. We are going a week early and staying till the 4th, have any of you showed up the week before? It says they open on the 27th at 7am. Our travel plan (picking up friends on the way) may get us there on Sunday. Can we park on the road if we get there late that night before or is that dirt road all blocked off? Don't really want to get a room for one night.

Come over and have a beer with us, just look for Elvis....that's me...every year with my bottle of home brew.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:39 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Elvis, I usually get there the night before too. I just set the RV in my space and live off my tanks and batteries until the place officially opens. The power and water is on but I don't want to abuse my reservation so I don't connect until time is OK to do so. The rest rooms will be open but uncleaned so that means a lot of dead bugs and such on the floor. Look for my Blue RZR and come on over for cocktails any time you are thirsty. Just be warned - the wife does not wear a shirt much at Glencoe!!

Vikingfrt - Damn, Bro, , , , be sure to bring your "first timer friend" by to meet me!! Maybe I should be shopping for a new SGS? Looks like it worked pretty good for you!!! (snicker, snicker) Yeah, I know you are just funning us but I sure enjoyed that pic.

***I will be updating the first page info on this thread very soon. Be sure to check the changes when you see the updated title of this thread.***

Quick Reply: Glencoe info for beginners