National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Glencoe info for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:40 PM
gambler109
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mowdoc- We are getting in the first day they open this year! Hope maybe we can get some rides in before the crowds roll in mid-end of the week. Also got some new props for our Alley set-up to include a shadow box for adult "dancing!"

Waiting to hear the concert line up, so far nothing overly exciting at the Glen, but I dont think they've announced the bigger names yet.

For newbies, the concerts at Glencoe tend to be newer country artists and older 80's acts. The BIG names hit the FTS and Chip. The action at night is the mardi gras atmosphere of "The Alley" which is the main road through the middle of the campground.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon

Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

I just checked the web page and they released some 30 amp rv sites for $1025.00. Glad we reserved when we did.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:18 PM
smitty8202
Cruiser

Lots of great info here. I think I will be go sturgis for the first time 2017 so how far in advance should I make my reservation

Old 04-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great write up. Thanks for taking the time to put that together.First time heading to Sturgis and looking forward to it.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Gambler109, dribble, vikngfrt and all my friends. We have bought a new motorhome so don't look for the toy hauler this year. We WILL be in good ole M-19 though!!

Our trip will be cut short this year and the schedule is still not solid. We will either arrive on Sunday 7/26 and leave on Monday 8/3 OR arrive on Friday 7/31 and leave on Friday 8/7. We are splitting up our time in order to pass thru MO. and see relatives this year. One way or the other, , , , we will NOT miss any Titty Alley fun on 7/31-8/2 weekend!!! Best 3 days of the year for sure.

I have made some corrections to the entire thread in order to update the info. Won't mean much to you if you was there last year but important changes for beginners.

See Yall in a few weeks!!!! We are gonna party so hard . . . . .

Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Vikingfrt
Intermediate

Leaving So Cal on the 28th and will be unpacking at Glencoe Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing my friends, shooting machine guns and meeting new people.
Like a bikers Disneyland. Happiest place on earth. See you all there.

Shopping can be interesting on the main drag.

Last edited by Vikingfrt; 06-05-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:40 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

We will arrive at Glencoe Friday 7/31 and depart Friday 8/7. It will be good to see all our friends again.

Vikingfrt, I have some sweet video from Glencoe 2014 that will get you caught up in no time. We missed you last year. Hey, did you get your hand out in time to grab that bra in your avatar?? The SGS looks awesome in that pic (as does the chick)!!

I have been in contact with several Glencoe friends and some new ones will join us this year - it's gonna be special.

Oh hell yes, there will be a group ride to Alzada for topless Tuesday!! More later - stay tuned!!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Vikingfrt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mowdoc
We will arrive at Glencoe Friday 7/31 and depart Friday 8/7. It will be good to see all our friends again.

Vikingfrt, I have some sweet video from Glencoe 2014 that will get you caught up in no time. We missed you last year. Hey, did you get your hand out in time to grab that bra in your avatar?? The SGS looks awesome in that pic (as does the chick)!!

I have been in contact with several Glencoe friends and some new ones will join us this year - it's gonna be special.

Oh hell yes, there will be a group ride to Alzada for topless Tuesday!! More later - stay tuned!!
I can't answer that until Sturgis. What I say in Stugis stays in Sturgis. Lol

Old 06-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Drtumolo
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anyone have a list of concerts at Glencoe?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:44 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser

The concert list will begin appearing on glencoecamp dot com soon and they will continue to post bands right up to a couple weeks before rally time. Some acts have been booked I'm sure and others are still being negotiated as we wait.

I saw a youtube video a while back and a guy was saying he was bringing some mini bikes to have contests for the campers with. I'm waiting to see what that is all about.

Quick Reply: Glencoe info for beginners