National Events A place to discuss and plan for National Events.

Glencoe info for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:39 AM
mowdoc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schnot, most of us think you had a good gig if you was working behind those wonderful bar babes at Monkey Rock!! So your complaints are not being heard here!!!

Welcome to Glencoe and I'm sure you will meet most of us along the alley. I'll be riding a blue RZR with blue LED pole on rear and wife will be blonde pig-tailed topless (or better) riding shotgun. Be sure to stop us and introduce yourself. There are thousands of great people at Glencoe so don't be shy.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Schnot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I had a good time there for the most part. I got to see all the concerts for free anyway haha. It got a little sketchy on the last night when Guns and Roses played. Axel being Axel didnt show up until he was about an hour and a half late. That was the closest thing to a riot that I've ever experienced. Take 20,000 bikers whove been in the heat all day, add alcohol, and then tell them to **** off when they want their ticket money back since Axel is a no show.... lets just say I got a little nervous lol

Ill definitely look for the RZR with the pole. Now I just got to convince my brother to come along with me.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master

I think we'll all be looking for the blue RZR.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master

My last reply also brings up a question I've been wondering about. Is it possible to get into Glencoe without camping there or a wristband. I want to experience as much of Sturgis as I can and Glencoe is high on that list.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:35 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

Yep, if you go to the Glencoe web site - glencoecamp dot com - and look for the FAQs you will see that you can visit 5 hours for 25 bucks. I strongly recommend doing this on Saturday 8/1 or Sunday 8/2 and come about 7pm and stay till midnight. Those days and hours will get you max enjoyment if you are looking to see naked ladies!

We are all friends so you can easily mooch a beer (or other bev) just about anywhere. My wife is usually packing a bottle of 1800 Silver on the RZR. She is very good about sharing (wink). If you don't have any beads to give away most ladies will be happy with a smile or nice comment. You can also show them something special yourself to repay them. Nothing but love and happiness along the alley!!

Old 06-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master

Perfect and thanks for the info on the best nights. Since we're pulling in on Sunday we'll be by on Sunday night. I saw that on the Glencoe site but didn't know if we had to know someone inside or not. Hopefully we'll be seeing you in about 5 weeks. MMmmmm 1800 Silver works but I'd better find some beads because I don't want to make your wife sick flashing old fat bald guy parts.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:59 PM
mowdoc
Cruiser

I don't think you need to know anyone either but if you do, , , you are there to see Don and Louise in RV space M-19. We been friends for decades!!!

Oh yeah, she is used to "old fat guy parts" so no worries!!!!

Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master

Originally Posted by mowdoc
I don't think you need to know anyone either but if you do, , , you are there to see Don and Louise in RV space M-19. We been friends for decades!!!

Oh yeah, she is used to "old fat guy parts" so no worries!!!!
Appreciate it. Always nice having a password that works.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM
devildocjames
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awesome thread!

Man-oh-man I'm glad to have come across this thread! A TON of good info for FINALLY my first trip to the rally! I'm riding all the way from Southern California with a couple buddies. This just got me more pumped for it!

Hey, quick question, what kind of tent do you all bring on your bikes? I just scooped up a taller sissy bar for 2up and was planning on using it to strap a/my 2 person tent to. I have soft bags on either side of my FXDWG that I was going to put some skivvies and a couple changes of clothes and snacks, tools, and whatever else will fit that I might need. I'm just thinking of what size of tent to bring. Like I said, maybe a small 2 person tent will fit. I attached a pic of the bar. I may remove the pad. Any tips?
I also read about hail on occasion. I was thinking of bringing a tarp to throw over the scoot in the case of heavy rain/hail. Good or no?

Anyways, thanks!
-Doc

lighter for scale

Old 07-10-2015, 02:42 PM
devildocjames
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mah man!

Originally Posted by Vikingfrt
Leaving So Cal on the 28th and will be unpacking at Glencoe Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing my friends, shooting machine guns and meeting new people.
Like a bikers Disneyland. Happiest place on earth. See you all there.

Shopping can be interesting on the main drag.
We should be riding with one of my brothers. It's going to be killer!

Quick Reply: Glencoe info for beginners