Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New old guy from Nashville.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Johnny Walker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New old guy from Nashville.

All cleaned up.

2 up with Simba.

This is what it looked like when I got it.

Hello my friends. I'm Johnny Walker, single guy in Nashville, Tn. Not my real name but the professional name I have used since 1982 as a musician and singer. It's a lot easier to remember than my real name, believe me. Anyway, I'm 67 yrs young and am doing fantastic, always happy, and I love life. I love hiking, camping and fishing and riding my '03 Fatboy. It truly is my primary mode of transportation whenever possible. After a life of riding Goldwings, I purchased my first Harley on May 1, 2013 from the Boswell's Harley Davidson on Fesslers Lane here in Nashville. It was 10 years old and only had 2700 miles on it. Around town it ran, ok. On the interstate it would pop and backfire. I figured it was from non use and the gas turning to that varnish thing that clogs up everything. I immediately started adding Sea Foam addative in the gas, non ethanol whenever possible. To make a long story short, it runs fantastic now. I have taken one 2000 mile trip to see my family in Duluth, Mn, and back. I took that trip in Oct of '13. Before I left Nashville, I put on a Mustang seat with the back rest and some pre 2009 Heritage handlebars. Man, what a big difference. Left Nashvillel at 2 am on a Sat morning and pulled into Wisconsin Dells at 6 PM Sat night. After not even owning a bike for about 5 years, 16 hours in the saddle wore my *** and the rest of me out. I did take a few breaks after running into rain and fog so bad that I couldn't see the deer or truck tire parts, in the road, right in front of me. Going through the entire state of Illinoise, South to North the temps were in the high 90's. What a ride, lol. Anyway, my *** was a little sore but other than that I was just totally worn out and welcomed the hot shower, a 2 hour nap then off to the local bar for pizza and beer and some live music. Back on the bike at 7 AM Sunday morning and pulled into Duluth about 2 in the afternoon. Looking forward to taking the trip again. Leaving Nashville June 4th.

So, that's me and here's a few pic of my bike. I've added some accessories and chrome since I purchased it and recently put on a new Michelin Commander II front tire. The original tire still have plenty of life left except for the weather checking and cracks. Decided to play it safe with the new front tire. No regrets there, that's for sure. What a big difference. The ride and the grip is awesome and probably makes me feel a little over confident in my fast cornering. lol. I love the Commander II and will probably replace the rear tire with the same thing next year. I am also putting in Redline transmission oil and Amsoil in the engine before I leave. Wish me luck. Nice meeting y'all.

Last edited by Johnny Walker; 05-21-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Jackson County..

Old 05-21-2015, 10:26 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Welcome to the "New Members Area" of the HD Forums from Texas.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Johnny Walker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chic. I see you and I were in Nam about the same time. I was in 2nd Sig Group, Aviation Detachment, 1st Sig Bde, stationed at Long Thong North just a half a mile down the road from Bear Cat. Thanks for the welcome. Ride safe.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

A big welcome to you from sunny Southern California. Glad to have you on board.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:19 AM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Welcome

Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:18 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Welcome from Maryland. Nice Fatboy

Old 05-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Nice to see anther member from the Nashville area....Welcome.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Lou'sUltra
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Welcome from Ohio

Quick Reply: New old guy from Nashville.