General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade in?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:26 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

There is a more simple and less expensive option. Just buy a two up seat for the Street Bob. If you do PM me and I will send you a set of rear brackets and pegs so your wife can ride with you.

I did that for a fellow in England last year that had the money for a seat but not the brackets and pegs which was double what it costs in the US.

The only thing I asked from him is that he send me a picture of him and the wife on the bike smiling. That is all that I would ask of you.

My wife doesn't ride so if I can help someone whose wife wants to ride I want to help.

Remember the Street Bob is a good riding and handling bike. It will do two up with ease.

Should be a seat on Ebay or somewhere. No need to pop retail at the dealer.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Gonzalez
Thank you all for your feedback!
I put $3500 down and what got me to go with the Street Bob was that it was a 2014 and I bought it in February 2015. Still it was brand new just not a 2015 and which was higher priced. It's not that I don't like the bike cause when riding alone I still enjoy it but my wife likes to go with me and let's face it, a Street Bob isn't really designed for two people especially being that it comes with a solo seat. I had to buy a seat for us both.
Keep in mind that once its been titled, its impossible for them to sell it as new, even if it has fewer than 10 miles on it, so you are in trade-city, and you will take a hit.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Two motorcycles? A Street Bob and a Street Glide? Why, that's just crazy talk...
That's about as crazy as a Deuce and an Ultra... TOTALLY nutballz...

Old 10-07-2015, 09:31 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

I was in the same boat as you. Bought a new 2014 Breakout last November. By August of this year I determined it wasn't the bike for me. Went to the same dealer told em I just wasn't really that happy with it and wanted a Deluxe. He pulled up what I owed which wasn't to much less than I financed originally and said "we'll pay it off and you can just start fresh". I'll take a deal like that any day of the week

Old 10-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
I was in the same boat as you. Bought a new 2014 Breakout last November. By August of this year I determined it wasn't the bike for me. Went to the same dealer told em I just wasn't really that happy with it and wanted a Deluxe. He pulled up what I owed which wasn't to much less than I financed originally and said "we'll pay it off and you can just start fresh". I'll take a deal like that any day of the week
Good approach.

Post more. I like your avatar!

Old 10-08-2015, 10:45 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,041 Likes on 11,061 Posts

I put $3500 down and what got me to go with the Street Bob was that it was a 2014 and I bought it in February 2015. Still it was brand new just not a 2015 and which was higher priced. It's not that I don't like the bike cause when riding alone I still enjoy it but my wife likes to go with me and let's face it, a Street Bob isn't really designed for two people especially being that it comes with a solo seat. I had to buy a seat for us both.
You won't get that $3500 back when you trade the street Bob in. Expensive lesson.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:55 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

In February of 2015 I purchased my second Harley from the same dealer. The 1st was used but the second was new. My question is, although what I bought is nice, it's not for me and my wife. I wanted a Street Glide but kinda let them talk me into a Street Bob. How soon could I take it back to trade in for the Street Glide which is what I truly always wanted. I've never been late on any payments either.

Only way to find out is go talk to them.

Your not the first rider that bought something other than what they really wanted..

My Son bought a 07 Duece, a 09 NT and then a 10 St-Glide that he still has.

He almost got a ST Gld in 09 when he got the NT.

You can trade bikes every week if you can swing the $$$$

Let us know how it turns out...

Old 10-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Okeeone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling outright is usually the smart thing to do money wise. It's a pain in the buttocks though. Either way you're gonna take a hit. They might be able to work some numbers on a new bike that makes it look like you are not taking a hit though.

Talking never hurts.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Like others have said tell them you are not happy with the current bike but do not place blame on the dealership or salesman. A wise man, who is my boss and a friend, told me that once you put someone on the defensive that you lose the fight no matter how right you are.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 PM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
There is a more simple and less expensive option. Just buy a two up seat for the Street Bob. If you do PM me and I will send you a set of rear brackets and pegs so your wife can ride with you.

I did that for a fellow in England last year that had the money for a seat but not the brackets and pegs which was double what it costs in the US.

The only thing I asked from him is that he send me a picture of him and the wife on the bike smiling. That is all that I would ask of you.

My wife doesn't ride so if I can help someone whose wife wants to ride I want to help.

Remember the Street Bob is a good riding and handling bike. It will do two up with ease.

Should be a seat on Ebay or somewhere. No need to pop retail at the dealer.
Very nice offer Bud. But,The OP stated he is set-up for passenger