Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Central Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Makwa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Looks good, welcome How'd C&S treat you? If you see a skinny guy running around town on a vivid black with flames Wide Glide give a wave...
Mike the sales guy was good. That's about the extent of my dealings so far.... so far... lol. I have a feeling I will get to know the parts guys pretty well with what I want to add.

As far as waving.. I am sure that won't be an issue

Seems like there are a few of us Central Michigan guys around... Do you guys meet up for rides or whatever?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Makwa
4th Gear

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Welcome from another Central Michigander!

Nice ride. Great story.

I was able to get in several fall cruises this year with the abnormally warm days we've had here and there over the past 5 or 6 weeks of fall colors. Almost 8K on my ride this year.

I will tell you that after you get the feel for your 2010 you have to test ride a Rushmore. Some real major improvements. As long as you have a payment book have the best ride you can.
I'm still riding now. It's a bit chill, but as long as the weather holds out, I am on the bike until it's painful cold.

I was looking at the 2016 Road Glide Ultra, but didn't want the price tag. Maybe when I trade this one in.. years down the road.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Makwa
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Greetings...welcome...enjoy...ride-on!!!

Congrats on the bike...take some time away from riding to paint that trim...
Hey! Easy on the trim! lol

The porch is scheduled to get an overhaul, but there are other areas that are taking some priority on the house. It's coming...

Old 11-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Armypac228
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile Big 10

Go big 10.
you a michigan or michigan state fan??

Love the story, great how it all rolled out for you.
Don't tell her, but i think your wife should get some jewelry
or something, she put up with a lot, sitting on that little pad. ouch,
don't worry about the trim, i'm still trying to finish my dang deck.
Anyway, ride safe, congrats on the ride,
is that the scarlet red? Nice.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Welcome from central WI. Just ignore everybody telling you to get a newer bike. Ride your own ride. That bike is a beauty.

That fairing really makes cold weather a lot more tolerable. A couple of years ago, in July, I rode through the UP and down to Hale, MI, with my wife. On the way there it was 94 degrees. On the way back it was 47 degrees, and I only had my textile outer jacket on. Thank God for that fairing or I would have froze.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Dake
Club Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Welcome from Georgia to the forum!

Old 11-15-2015, 09:05 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Makwa
Mike the sales guy was good. That's about the extent of my dealings so far.... so far... lol. I have a feeling I will get to know the parts guys pretty well with what I want to add.

As far as waving.. I am sure that won't be an issue

Seems like there are a few of us Central Michigan guys around... Do you guys meet up for rides or whatever?
Mike is a good guy, he was in parts before moving over to sales. Ryan has worked in parts forever and knows what's what and he'll hook you up with what you're looking for.

I've not as of yet met up with guys from the forum for rides but I do set up quite a few rides during the season with people I know, usually 3 -4 of us head out to SR-22/Onekama, Tawas/River Road, Ludington/Pentwater/Whitehall, we'll go near any direction for a day ride when ever we can. You'd be most welcome to go, one of the guys I ride with is on a GoldWing and he'll just D.I.E. die, if there's another HD in the group; he hates my Wide Glide's pipes

Old 11-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 11-21-2015, 10:50 AM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,307 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Welcome from the land of tulips and windmills. The wife and I will be retiring this coming summer and will be riding the east side of the state more, maybe even taking the fast ferry to Milwaukee to the museum. In Aug. of 2013 bought a new Road Glide Ultra, been to Blue Ridge Parkway and over to the factory in York, PA. The wife picked up anew hobby on the bike on our rides, pictures of old barns, that keeps her busy and happy. Congrats on the "new" ride, and you may want to consider saddle bag guards, just sayin'.

Last edited by seniorsuperglideE8; 11-21-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:45 PM
620cal
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome from ill

Quick Reply: Central Michigan