Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Central Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:47 AM
tennheritage
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome from East Tennessee! I just posted a welcome to another new guy from Michigan, rather than retype it gonna , paste it here!
Ed

Welcome from East Tennessee!
When I was in the USAF, back in '73 or '74 ( Old age, cant remember exact year) I was stationed at a remote ADC site ( Early warning Radar) called "Port Austin" AFS in Northern Michigan! ( Tip of the thumb?) I loved the Summer!! Awesome! it was near a little town called "Bad Axe" of course it was Port Austin, closest larger city was "Bay City" ....best I remember! Anyway, it was interesting and I had a friend named "Chet" he was originally from Kentucky best I recall, who was a former Air Force member who was then a "GS" Tech on the base, he had married a local gal while he was on active duty at the site and then stayed in the area and actually worked on the site after he got out, he had an old bright yellow Panhead, never forget it!!( I have wanted to look him up and see if he's still around for many years, just havnt done it.) Great memories,At least the times I can remember , when I wasnt in the "NCO Club"!!
On that Isolated site, it used to open at 10am, best I remember!! Oh, those were the days! LOL!
Regards
Ed

Old 11-22-2015, 07:58 AM
sleazy rider
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome from another new local in Michigan. I'm just south of Flint. Street Glides are nice too. How much snow'd you folks get up there? I'm going out to move 15 inches shortly.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Makwa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleazy rider
Welcome from another new local in Michigan. I'm just south of Flint. Street Glides are nice too. How much snow'd you folks get up there? I'm going out to move 15 inches shortly.
We didn't get near that much. About 3 inches total. It's about gone now, and will be totally gone tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Makwa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Mike is a good guy, he was in parts before moving over to sales. Ryan has worked in parts forever and knows what's what and he'll hook you up with what you're looking for.

I've not as of yet met up with guys from the forum for rides but I do set up quite a few rides during the season with people I know, usually 3 -4 of us head out to SR-22/Onekama, Tawas/River Road, Ludington/Pentwater/Whitehall, we'll go near any direction for a day ride when ever we can. You'd be most welcome to go, one of the guys I ride with is on a GoldWing and he'll just D.I.E. die, if there's another HD in the group; he hates my Wide Glide's pipes
I'm in! I am up for rides whenever I can get them. So keep me posted!

Pops and I are planning a ride up and around Lake Michigan next summer. We have a few guys going already. 4 day trip, going from Coldwater (his place) up to me, over to Ludington, then riding the ferry over. Then up and around the lake through the U.P. We are still hashing out details.