Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hi, I'm ** and I'm addicted to HDF. And you..?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, I'm ** and I'm addicted to HDF. And you..?

Picked up an FLHRCI last year after about 20 years off the saddle. Had a Sportster way back then and when I got married, my wife decided she liked me alive and so the bike had to go. It was probably for the best.

Well, I started out by lurking for about 6 months before I signed up. Musta read almost every thread on the board back about 9 to 10 months on average. Some really educational threads I searched for I went back a year and more. Plus, there are some really, really nice people around here which makes it even better. Heather helped educate me on my bike insurance via PM over the course of 3 or 4 days and I couldn't believe a mod would take their own personal time to help me on an individual basis. [sm=hail.gif] [sm=thanx.gif] Heather!

Signed up and since still havn't posted much, but I gotta tell ya, I can't let a day go by without checking the entire board for tidbits of info. I think I am addicted to this place. I've got an HDF jones and it seems to be getting worse, or better depending on how you look at it. [sm=type.gif]

I do not think I can go more than a day without checking in on this place. I mean, I learn something new every day, but sometimes I think about what I might do if HDF goes down for any length of time, or worse, like what if all of the mods go on strike?[sm=confused06.gif] I start to get the shakes![sm=pcwhack.gif][sm=scared09.gif]

I can't be the only one around here feeling like this, can I? Should I be worried? Anyone else got the same dependency/fixation/habit? Mods, Terry and Grover are excluded. They HAVE to be here and are probably all paid pretty darn well for their time, I would bet![sm=insomnia.gif]................[sm=laughingsmilie.gif].....[sm=escape.gif]

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Hi, I'm ** and I'm addicted to HDF. And you..?

You suffer from a disease that tells you that you don't have a disease...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 AM
teenymite
Intermediate

You can see from the number of posts I've made and how long I've been a member that I don't post much. But I'm here every day and I read almost all the general chat and off topic threads. I don't go into the other forums much because they're written in some foreign language (mechanicalese). I love this place and most of the people here. Sometimes I wake my husband up at night laughing so hard!
Welcome to the disease state and keep hoping they don't find a cure.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Obi68
Road Captain

i've never had this much fun with a disease before, and i don't have to get a shot!

Obi

Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like this place. I visit other forums, mostly hunting related, but there is always some bullshite going on and people of like minds are always fighting. What's to fight about here, other than which model Harely is better?.....LOL

Old 09-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Rodney1976
Cruiser

I am hooked . I check in every day. I do not always post.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I like this place. I visit other forums, mostly hunting related, but there is always some bullshite going on and people of like minds are always fighting. What's to fight about here, other than which model Harely is better?.....LOL
The best Harley model is the Road King Custom. LOL I love this forum. And, as you can see by my posts, I post A LOT. I have been a member here 16 or so months. But, I only really started reading and posting 8 months ago, or so. And, I can say, in that 8 month period, there has only been a week or so I have not been on here. I love this place... my wife, on the other hand, hates it. LOL but, she is impressed with what I have learned here. And she is very happy that this forum has given me the knowledge and confidence to do my own work on my bike. That, in itself, is worth more than the sleep I lose being on here. I try to help, when I can, but I do find myself at a loss when the site is down. LOL Very sad. LOL

Old 09-14-2007, 06:13 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not think I can go more than a day without checking in on this place
Yeah, but I can stop anytime I want.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess it's better than being addicted to some **** site or having cybersex.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:01 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I've been here every day I had internet access since I bought my bike. Been a major help with upgrades, and generaljunk to watch out for.