2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone make a lowering block for 14 SGS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:01 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I Don't know about the one's in the first pic, but the ones in the 2nd pic most definitely won't work. The come in contact with the springs. I had a set of the Road Customs and tried them.
That is odd, I have them on my bike now...no contact with anything.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:15 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

The Burley blocks WILL hit the springs, and WILL NOT work.

The others, I don't know about.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:19 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Looking for rub marks and don't see any, but as you can see the MACS have a notch to clear the spring.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone make a lowering block for 14 SGS?-image-2621831988.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 02:21 PM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Looking for rub marks and don't see any, but as you can see the MACS have a notch to clear the spring.

Thanks barrygreen, I saw those on eBay and wasn't sure about them but if your running them with no problem I think Ill give them a try. Is the ride much difference and did you also drop the front an inch?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:56 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

I love some lowered bikes for stability but man can't stand that lean if you don't do the front springs.....which makes it expensive and difficult. Doing the blocks is easy.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find, I am ordering some also. I had the road 6 customs on my 09 king for the entire time I owned my bike and never had a problem with the blocks.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:40 AM
CPT America
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did see a set from Arlen Ness on eBay for $160 that said they worked on the 2014 SGS. IMHO, when you can piece together an air ride system for under $250, I would go that route before doing the lowering blocks. You have total adjustability, don't alter the shock angle, don't have to contend with potential bag rubbing issues.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
I have searched the forums and just about every reference I find to lowering blocks for the 14 Street Glides is for the SG not the SGS. I want to lower front and rear 1" and will use the progressive kit in the front but I cant seem to find any block kit for the rear. Does anyone with a SGS have a kit on theirs or does anyone know of a kit for the 14 SGS. Thanks in advance for any help.
I have the kit from LA Choppers. You do have to use the 13" o e air shocks. Installed correctly, nothing rubs. The lowering blocks must be installed on the in side of the swing arm rather than the outside as in previous years. Also, the two thinner spacers are installed at the bottom. The thicker spacers are not used. Sadly, I was one of those that discovered this the hard way after the tech installed the kit as it would be on a '13 and older. In my case, the issue was corrected before any real damage was done to the saddlebags or the upper shock cases. In fact, LA Choppers now has a great installation video on line now that is much clearer than their printed instructions. Wish it had been up when my kit was installed back in May.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

I should add that unlike the other kits on the market, the LA Choppers kit does not move the lower mounting hole backwards. Their kit moves the lower shock mounting hole straight down 1". Thus, the shocks stay in the same vertical plane as when the bike is assembled in York, PA

Old 09-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
I have the kit from LA Choppers. You do have to use the 13" o e air shocks. Installed correctly, nothing rubs. The lowering blocks must be installed on the in side of the swing arm rather than the outside as in previous years. Also, the two thinner spacers are installed at the bottom. The thicker spacers are not used. Sadly, I was one of those that discovered this the hard way after the tech installed the kit as it would be on a '13 and older. In my case, the issue was corrected before any real damage was done to the saddlebags or the upper shock cases. In fact, LA Choppers now has a great installation video on line now that is much clearer than their printed instructions. Wish it had been up when my kit was installed back in May.
Originally Posted by MikeyTX
I should add that unlike the other kits on the market, the LA Choppers kit does not move the lower mounting hole backwards. Their kit moves the lower shock mounting hole straight down 1". Thus, the shocks stay in the same vertical plane as when the bike is assembled in York, PA

I just ordered the 1-inch Rear Lowering Kit PN LA-7590-00B for my 2014 FLHX due to the stock seat not allowing my feet down all the way. My feet are almost down, so these should help. I am looking for a lowering seat for the FLHX that works for me where I may later remove this lowering kit in case it impacts my riding. I ordered this kit after another rider on a 2013 Limited used them and has no problems riding. However, this kit pushed the shocks out on his Limited where the shocks rubs against the bags.

Thanks for the install information above.

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a lowering block for 14 SGS?