Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headsets- UCLEAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 AM
rnkruse05
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Headsets- UCLEAR

Just finished a 1600 mile ride on my new Ultra. The ride was great however the intercom system/Radio drove us nuts. Static, unable to communicate at times and poor quality sound. Have already changed cords 3 times as well as boom once.

While stopped at a HD dealer in Durango, CO they had a Bluetooth set by UClear they claimed worked with all aspects go the HD system,. I have since learned that is not true.

If you hard wire your phone into the HD cord you can get everything except the Navigation voice I am told by UCLEAR.

Does any one have this system and what are your thoughts or suggestions on a product that works.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:20 PM
CoachKG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the UClear dual system. It's wireless and boomless and simple to use/install. My song list is loaded onto my Samsung android phone. The Samsung connects via BT to either the HD Infotainment system or the UClear....but not both at the same time (for everything). However, you can split things up. When I ride alone, I connect my Samsung music to the Harley (to use the fairing speakers) and the Samsung phone to the UClear. When the wife rides with me, we just use the UClear only as an intercom. The sound quality of the speakers is pretty good but nowhere near as good as the fairing speakers (though full face helmets somewhat muffle the sound). The intercom BT connection is decent (depending on nearby interference). However, you'll need to play with the UClear volume controls so that the boomless mics don't pick up the music from the fairing and echo through the ear speakers. The UClear came highly recommended and many have said its as good or better than others like the Sena. All said, it's a good product but I'll be very interested if/when Harley comes out with a BT non-wired headset/intercom system that's specifically designed for the boom audio infotainment system.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

This is my number 1 issue with the bike I'd like to get fixed.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We have been using UCLEAR 100+ for over a year and really like it. My wife rides her own bike so we use them when we go on long trips. She runs her music through the infotainment iPod jack on her SGS, and just uses the UCLEAR for comms with me.

I have a RK with after market fairing so I just use it for comms also. I did use it before I got the fairing for everything and it worked fine too. I switched to the earbuds this year and like them much better than the speakers you install in your helmet. I have a big head so my ears were hurting by the end of the day from the extra pressure. The earbuds have eliminated that and I can wear a 1/2 helmet.

UCLEAR put a couple great updates this year and now they will pair with any blutooth device like, SENA, etc. A great thing for group rides.

I also have to give them props for great customer service. We had one unit start acting up this summer. After exchanging some emails with their tech support they swapped out devices for new ones.

If you haven't done so, I would try to get one of the tech support people on the phone or email to answer your questions for sure because they keep updating the firmware with more features.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:14 AM
matthewthamm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maddog94
I switched to the earbuds this year and like them much better than the speakers you install in your helmet. I have a big head so my ears were hurting by the end of the day from the extra pressure. The earbuds have eliminated that and I can wear a 1/2 helmet.
Was the switch to earbuds a plug and play or did you have to solder the earbuds to the UCLEAR?

I like the earbud idea, as I prefer to ride with ear plugs. But with the earbud, i would think I could have the best of both worlds.

thanks

Old 10-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

UCLEAR released them this year and they are plug-n-play. Personally, they work better for me than the other ones you install in the helmet. The volume can be loud with the buds but a recent firmware update lets you adjust it easier.

http://www.uclear-digital.com/us/pro...l-earbuds.html