Sponsored by:

2015 RGS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 07:54 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin79
Dealer called and they are willing to take 1500 off the RGS and give me 12700 for my trade. I think I am ready to make the deal, I don't know that I am going to be able to squeeze much more out of them at this point. Any thoughts?
Can't believe your not gonna be there first thing in the morning picking up your early Xmas present

Old 11-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
Can't believe your not gonna be there first thing in the morning picking up your early Xmas present
Even if I went in the morning and bought it I would not bring it home right away. Having some motor work done at the time of purchase so it's covered under warranty. I also have a bunch of parts to strip off of my bike before I can trade it in. This is not gone be a fast transaction.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:33 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
Great looking bike, love your color choice.

I have always felt that a good deal is one that the buyer is happy with. Once you have made the deal, forget about it. Prices vary, depending on inventory levels, demand, area of the country the dealer location and the dealers motivation. All that really matters is that you are happy with the bike. You got the model / color you wanted and feel comfortable with the finances. If you keep the bike long term you will come out OK ( Relatively ). The only buyers that get clobbered are those that sell within a short window of time. Enjoy that new ride!!!
Thanks scottt! Yeah, I'm real happy with the bike, the deal, the financing, and the experience! This bike is just amazing! I love almost everything about it. I need apes and highway pegs, then I'm almost all set. The color is sick! Everywhere I go people are drooling over this Superior Blue, and whattaya know, its not black!. Infotainment system has so much crap on it, I'll never use it all. Overall, very pleased! I'd recommend to anyone to get one. Just don't get a Superior Blue one like mine!

Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 AM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

My buddy went in the dealer this Saturday and they offered him 14k for his 13 RG on a 15. They're smoking crack. Just depends how bad they want the deal.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redeye93
My buddy went in the dealer this Saturday and they offered him 14k for his 13 RG on a 15. They're smoking crack. Just depends how bad they want the deal.
Did your buddy look up what KBB or NADA value on his bike is? Usually people have a TON of $$$ into their HD bikes and "think" they are worth a bunch more than what they are. You might get some of that money back if you sell it out right. A dealer isn't really going to pay you any extra for stuff you put on the bike.

I was realistic of what my WG should sell for on the private market. Saw some other WG's same year as mine, basic black thou, and these guys wanted $17K for them. For a 2010 WG. They were the ones on crack.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CADguy
Did your buddy look up what KBB or NADA value on his bike is? Usually people have a TON of $$$ into their HD bikes and "think" they are worth a bunch more than what they are. You might get some of that money back if you sell it out right. A dealer isn't really going to pay you any extra for stuff you put on the bike.

I was realistic of what my WG should sell for on the private market. Saw some other WG's same year as mine, basic black thou, and these guys wanted $17K for them. For a 2010 WG. They were the ones on crack.
I had to laugh when I talked with my dealer about trading mine in, they wanted me to leave all the parts I added on it but they did not want to give me any extra in trade for it. I am pretty **** so I have all my stock parts to swap back onto mine before trading it in. The only two things it is getting traded with is the chrome front end and the painted inner fairing. I cant justify pulling either off, everything else is getting pulled and sold if it wont go on the new bike.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:58 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to laugh when I talked with my dealer about trading mine in, they wanted me to leave all the parts I added on it but they did not want to give me any extra in trade for it. I am pretty **** so I have all my stock parts to swap back onto mine before trading it in. The only two things it is getting traded with is the chrome front end and the painted inner fairing. I cant justify pulling either off, everything else is getting pulled and sold if it wont go on the new bike.
Yep, that is usually the way it goes. I know on my new SGS, I got 2K off MSRP and a little over the high end for a trade, so I came out okay.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They don't want to allow you squat for your add ons in a trade. I think they look at it that for every extra you leave on a trade it beats them out of selling something to the new owner. Yet if you do leave extras on your trade, they will price it like they put every bit of it on there themselves in their service department.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 PM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CADguy

They don't use either of those in my area. They have some other little black book that is alot less than either KBB or Nada. I am not unrealistic on trades, I got beat on 2 trades in 2 years. I knew what it was. I'm just saying. They could do better on the trade than 14k on a bike that was 20k a year ago. 15k trade, they still going to put on the floor for 18k. I'm just saying that they could reasonably still make 3k if/when they sell it. These new rushmore bikes are not cheap at all. They are a couple grand more than what the pre-14's sold for. You're right though, he could also try to private sale it.