2014 Limited - AS7G Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Nickblink
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 Limited - AS7G Garage Door Opener

2014 Ultra Limited

I decided to add a garage door opener for convenience and purchased the AS7G from eBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/360947811907?_mwBanner=1

The installation is very simple using a Home Depot universal garage door opener clicker and the AS7G. There are no additional parts needed. I used the head light wires to tap in with the included wire tap connectors.
1- Solder the Orange wires to the clicker
2- tap in the negative black wire from as7g to the first black wire on the head lamp
3- tap in the positive red wire from as7g to the last (forth wire) wire on the head lamp
4- tap in the yellow sensor wire to the third wire on the head lamp (high beam/flasher)
5-zip tie the wires and I put the as7g module and the clicker on top of the radio with the included double sided tape.
6-put the fairing back - done

To operate use the flasher on the left side for up or down or stop - it works great

Total cost - $64
1- AS6G $30
2-home depot clicker $34

Old 11-22-2014, 03:11 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickblink
2014 Ultra Limited

I decided to add a garage door opener for convenience and purchased the AS7G from eBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/360947811907?_mwBanner=1

The installation is very simple using a Home Depot universal garage door opener clicker and the AS7G. There are no additional parts needed. I used the head light wires to tap in with the included wire tap connectors.
1- Solder the Orange wires to the clicker
2- tap in the negative black wire from as7g to the first black wire on the head lamp
3- tap in the positive red wire from as7g to the last (forth wire) wire on the head lamp
4- tap in the yellow sensor wire to the third wire on the head lamp (high beam/flasher)
5-zip tie the wires and I put the as7g module and the clicker on top of the radio with the included double sided tape.
6-put the fairing back - done

To operate use the flasher on the left side for up or down or stop - it works great

Total cost - $64
1- AS6G $30
2-home depot clicker $34

No offense but; you can buy the factory HD garage door opener kit for a little over a hundred bucks. For me; after spending what the bike cost I'm going to stay factory, especially when we are talking fifty, sixty bucks and the factory kit works so well.

Just my humble opinion.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Nickblink
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
No offense but; you can buy the factory HD garage door opener kit for a little over a hundred bucks. For me; after spending what the bike cost I'm going to stay factory, especially when we are talking fifty, sixty bucks and the factory kit works so well.

Just my humble opinion.
Hi Scott,

I wanted to use something simple and easy to install, and I just did not feel like installing an additional component (receiver) in the garage. I think HD could have installed a homelink on these bikes. When it comes to electronis the HD bikes are still very rudimentary.

Last edited by Nickblink; 11-22-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:02 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickblink
Hi Scott,

I wanted to use something simple and easy to install, and I just did not feel like installing an additional component (receiver) in the garage. I think HD could have installed a homelink on these bikes. When it comes to electronis the HD bikes are still very rudimentary.
I agree with you 100%. For what these bikes cost, they should all come with Homelink. Most mid-grade vehicles come with Homelink these days......why the heck is HD using a system that requires it's own receiver? Crazy!!!

Old 11-22-2014, 05:43 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
I agree with you 100%. For what these bikes cost, they should all come with Homelink. Most mid-grade vehicles come with Homelink these days......why the heck is HD using a system that requires it's own receiver? Crazy!!!
I agree with you guys 100%, especially on the touring bikes. That said, I felt I had to deal with what is and the HD system works well.

I really believe that Harley leaves some. things incomplete so the dealer techs stay busy. As twisted as it might sound I also think they know some of us enjoy modifying our bikes.

Other features that should come standard on the Classic and Limited are the illuminated controls, the XM module, garage door opener and the tour pak detach kit, as the Indian Chieftain does....I degrees

Old 11-23-2014, 04:28 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed a home link on the lower triple tree just have be careful when I wash the bike my neighbor installed his on the left side of the faring where the fake glove box door is .

Old 11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069

They can't sell you something and maybe charge you to install it if it's already on the bike.
Same reason they don't allow you squat for your add ons in a trade. I think they look at it that for every extra you leave on a trade it beats them out of selling something to the new owner. Yet if you leave extras on your trade, they will price it like they put every bit of it on there in thier service department.

Last edited by dirtracin23; 11-24-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:04 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I just Velcro'd mine under the Acc. switch panel.

Out of sight, and out of the weather too.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Limited - AS7G Garage Door Opener-openlimited-010.jpg  
Old 11-23-2014, 05:13 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put my garage door opener in my left front pants pocket, extend my index finger & push on the button. Works every time & it's free.... Lol

Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Although it would be kinda cool to do it straight from the bike....

Quick Reply: 2014 Limited - AS7G Garage Door Opener