Sponsored by:

Trigger Button Stopped Working.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:09 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
It's called a trigger switch in the owner's manual and the parts catalog so if the OP is indeed talking about the trigger switch then he has it correct. All too often, and I have been offended and been an offender, we jump on an OP because we didn't slow down, read and most importantly, understand the question.

One thing I learned the hard way, is that not everyone communicates the way I do. In this case, he communicated clearly, it just wasn't understood because some don't know what a trigger switch is.

Now, to the OP. You can try removing the trigger button and seeing if you can lube the trigger switch itself to see if it helps. If it is below freezing in your area, maybe it froze?
If it's freezing where the op lives in Cypress, you and I better have our water pipes wrapped real good.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:32 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
If it's freezing where the op lives in Cypress, you and I better have our water pipes wrapped real good.
I noticed that after I hit the submit button.

It should be a nice couple of days around here for riding. I'm looking forward to it.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Pappa P
Club Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Just to clear every thing up, here are some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Trigger Button Stopped Working.-dsc00872.jpg   Trigger Button Stopped Working.-dsc00874.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Pappa P
Club Member

This is the trigger to my SIG P238, not to be confused with the trigger to my Harley or Roy Rogers horse Trigger.

Attached Thumbnails Trigger Button Stopped Working.-dsc00875.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Pappa P
Club Member

Here is a post I wrote for someone looking to put grips on their 2015 Road Glide.

I have a 15 Ultra Limited and had the dealer put on Slipstream heated grips, love them! First off, as previously mentioned, get the HD service manuals! Secondly, you are going to need to purchase the electrical connection kit P/N 69200722 if you are buying the heated grips. Lastly, the left grip is glue less, regardless of heated or non heated, the end of the grip closest to the switch is shaped to fit inside the switch housing so when everything is tightened (switch housing, clutch lever) the grip is snug and won't move, now to the problem. When tightening the the switch housings to torque specs you may end up with a gap where the front housing meets the rear housing, if you tighten more to try to eliminate that gap, you will find that your horn button becomes jammed and you may damage the internal wiring of the switch assembly. Yesterday I had to take my bike in and have the switch assembly replaced, warranty item, because the trigger switch witch is on top of the left left switch housing, stopped working, I was told that it probably wasn't due to over tightening of the switch housing but probably a defect, I think it was from over tightening. What the dealer had to do to get the switch housings to fit properly was trim down the inside of the left grip where it fits in the groove of the switch housing so the two pieces fit together with no gaps, do not trim off too much, you don't want that grip moving. I would remove the housings from the handle bar and put them together on the grip to see if there is an issue before installing the grip. Get the service manual, it was $48 from Kutter Harley Online. If you have any questions, ask! Good Luck!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
I noticed that after I hit the submit button.

It should be a nice couple of days around here for riding. I'm looking forward to it.
Yup I'm gonna let the s/o drive herself to the daughters for turkey day. I'm riding the glide.