Sponsored by:

Don't laugh, it could work!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
RoBeau
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don't laugh, it could work!

We all want more power and sound from our stock 103's, correct? One of the things robbing us of this is the damn cat. This is why we spend hundreds buying aftermarket dresser or power duals. Some go thru the trouble of cutting the bottom of the stock head pipe and removing cat then welding a plate to cover the hole. Bush league. Here's where it gets interesting. 2 Hampsters, 1 habitrail, no bedding. Attach habitrail to head pipe, drop in the hamsters and let them go to work. They will instinctively go into your head pipe, take out every bit of fiberglass in your cat and bring it into your habitrail for their bedding. Voila, better sound, more power for about $20.00.
Let me know how you make out.
Of course I'm only joking. (Or am I?)

Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackie8
We all want more power and sound from our stock 103's, correct? One of the things robbing us of this is the damn cat. This is why we spend hundreds buying aftermarket dresser or power duals. Some go thru the trouble of cutting the bottom of the stock head pipe and removing cat then welding a plate to cover the hole. Bush league. Here's where it gets interesting. 2 Hampsters, 1 habitrail, no bedding. Attach habitrail to head pipe, drop in the hamsters and let them go to work. They will instinctively go into your head pipe, take out every bit of fiberglass in your cat and bring it into your habitrail for their bedding. Voila, better sound, more power for about $20.00.
Let me know how you make out.
Of course I'm only joking. (Or am I?)

Only issue with this theory is the cat material is made of metal and might require a more aggressive critter like a RAT to chew it out......Just sayin.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:02 AM
RoBeau
Advanced

Sorry, thought cat media was fiberglass. Never mind.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:12 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RussH
Only issue with this theory is the cat material is made of metal and might require a more aggressive critter like a RAT to chew it out......Just sayin.
Ya beat me to it. Its a lot harder to get out then just a hamster could ever do. Worse yet it comes out in lil pieces at a time too.

Batman

Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Six7One
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will find everything else in your garage easier to munch on...then you need cats...and then you need dogs...it escalates to full on animal conflict for control of your garage.

But it could work.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:23 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Hamsters is that not what they call you when you ride with Arlen Ness, and
there is ***** cats in Catalytic Converters.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

The nice thing about the hampster method is that once they're done removing all that material, all you gotta do to get rid of them is to fire up the motor and open the throttle nice and wide. Might wanna aim the ends of the pipes out the door or at the pesky neighbors or something first.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Rodney54
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Six7One
They will find everything else in your garage easier to munch on...then you need cats...and then you need dogs...it escalates to full on animal conflict for control of your garage.

But it could work.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Sapphire
Intermediate

The exotic metals in the CAT are a target for thieves, similar to copper.

So using no good reasoning, how about parking the bike in a shadier part of town and said thieves will be happy to liberate the troublesome platinum, palladium and rhodium for you.

If the process takes a little longer than desired to get started, perhaps a length or two of 1½" copper pipe to chum with. Or to slow them down.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:15 PM
RoBeau
Advanced
Default Great idea Sapphire

I like your idea the best. Will cost nothing. I'll even leave the slip-ons off for easy access. Hmmm. Wonder if they will just take the cat media and not touch the rest of the bike.

Quick Reply: Don't laugh, it could work!