2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What kind of audio upgrade did you do?
Harley Boom speakers only.
14.02%
Aftermarket speakers only.
3.97%
Harley Boom speakers and amp.
22.49%
Aftermarket speakers and amp.
59.52%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Who has upgraded their Rushmore audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 12:19 AM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 73 Posts
Cool Biketronics

I got the Biketronics 4180 amp and 2014BT7P14 fairing speakers with Alpine SPR60 in the rear. I am very happy with the upgrade - it sounds awesome!

Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Arc Amp and Focal Speakers.... Loud Proud & Clear. Luv these guys at Soundz ... www.facebook.com/soundzcustomz/?fref=ts The BOOM stuff is a BUST... Don't Do it... http://soundzcustomz.com/ I enjoy it at 100 MPH

Attached Thumbnails Poll - Who has upgraded their Rushmore audio?-moto-100-mph.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 06-24-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 PM
trikky2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trikky2
I did the newest J&M Rokker XXR amp and speakers in my 2015 RG, final verdict is still out on it as I'm kinda disappointed, John from J&M wants to meet up with me at AMERICADE and seems to think he can work it out for me...otherwise I'll be ripping it out and going with Biketronics...probably should have went that route from the start...but I drank the kool-aid lol
So I wanted to follow up with my post after meeting with John from J&M at Americade..first thing is he must have forgotten everything we spoke about via email cause he flat out told me he wouldn't even look at my bike until I paid $100 labor fee...after we moved on from that he told me that I needed the "special" J&M flash and their lastest and greatest speakers for it to sound right. (I already had Rokker speakers and they were supposed to be the best) he did credit me for the ones I had already.. So after a few choice words I agreed to what he proposed which was another $225..Bottom line it sounds better then it did, but my buddy's Biketronics system BLOWS IT AWAY!!!!! So my opinion is save yourself the hassle and just go Biketronics

Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 PM
03Custom883
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

thats a creep move on his part!

Old 06-27-2016, 07:31 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

If there was a choice for "no upgrade" I would have checked that. The few times I've turned the radio on, it sounded OK to me.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:54 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I have front stage 1 to install(had points to use plus sale), but I'm really afraid to fix something that's not broke. I already can full volume(+bass-treble) and my 70's rock is clear as can be at 0-75+ mph. At WFO, my RCX's will mask it. more thump would always be good, but not at the cost and the nightmares. I already have to turn it down. I'm trying to find some music I don't play to prove what a crappy system it is.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

How come there wasn't a choice for fake chrome trim?
That's how I upgraded mine

Old 06-28-2016, 03:20 AM
hamah
Road Warrior
Received 367 Likes on 278 Posts

I put a bunch of time into researching audio upgrades as I'm a bit of an **** audiophile. I realized that a big Harley with the exhaust sound I loved and the open air environment wasn't going to be conducive to quality sound at highway speed no matter how much cash I threw at it. Having said that at slower speeds with an open face helmet and no ear plugs I get great quality sound...actually up to about 50-60 MPH. I chose the Boom! II upgrade including 4 speakers and the 2nd amp. I mainly did this for warranty purposes but in retrospect even though I really like the sound (for what it is) I think I overpaid. I wear S Plugs or ear plugs if I'm at highway speeds for more than a few minutes regardless of helmet (but always when wearing a ff). I get really good sound with the S Plugs at very low volume and also get awesome sound deadening. If I were to do it over I'd probably have kept the stereo stock as it sounded ok at low speed and just spent the money on S Plugs. If I spent most of my time cruising around town then the upgrades I made would have been worth it.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:36 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a setup with Hog tunes 6 1/2" fairing Speakers and JM 6 1/2 speakers in my saddlebags with JM Rokker 4x500 amp

No flash needed
No problems with performance after a speaker replacement. ( I did have a hog tunes speaker that went out randomly but they sent another in about a week and it's performed great for about 6 months now )

I am satisfied with my upgrade. It's aftermarket but all plug and okay with like connectors bc even though it's made by different manufacturers its compatible, relatively affordable, and both companies provide good support.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM
ursman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Boom Stage I and although it is more clear/louder, I've had some issues that I've had to go back to the dealer for. #1 the amp "clips" when I first turn the bike on. This normally indicates some sort of ground fault, but for the life of me, I haven't been able to pin point it. It could be internal to the amp, dealer looking into it now. #2 My fader/balance controls are unresponsive. All 4 speakers have equal sound, but I'm unable to change anything. #3 Like many others, my AVC is no longer working. It was working fine until the amp install so I'm not sure what the deal is there now. I have 19.1 firmware and it was working after the flash. Hooking up the bike to digi tech shows that the amp loses communications to the unit. The amp is definitely not playing well. I'm beginning to think that I should've saved the $1K in amp and speakers and went with HogTunes or RF.....

Quick Reply: Poll - Who has upgraded their Rushmore audio?