Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one running CFR's on there scoot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM
blankline9
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

2015 street glide special. At 500 miles, put on CFR's, S&S power tune dual headpipe w/ big city thunder monster baffles in the end of the head pipe to help with back pressure, fuel moto pro billet AC, and vance and hines FP3.

Bikes runs awesome and sounds even better! So many people tell me they absolutely love how my bike sounds. Super deep rumble, not super loud though, starts to make you sit up and take notice around 4500 rpm. I am so happy that I went with this setup. The fp3 has taken care of the tuning and my bike is running really nice. I've not heard any other bikes in person with the CFR's around where I live so I can't attest to the difference in sound they make without the big city thunder monster baffles in the head pipe. I've had the monster baffles on 2 of my bikes now and I love them.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Once you have heard CFR's,I will sum it up to you like this. You have Harley exhausts,and then you have CFR's!

Old 03-06-2015, 03:44 PM
StGlideRidr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely LOVE my CFR's. I run them on my '14 SG and have never regretted the decision. I also have a Klock Werks Double Back header with a TTS tuner. This is the best set up I have ever used. The sound is absolutely great. A great deep rumble as you are at idle and almost a "muscle car" sound as you are getting on it (IMO). Also, when you are in 3rd or 4th gear and revved high or down shifting, and you let off, it sounds like a jake brake on an 18 wheeler! Last year, the opening weekend of Sturgis, I had 12 people at the gas station come over and ask me what set up I was running as I pulled in. It is an attention getter because they just don't have that rin tin tin sound that so many others have.

Good luck choosing!

Old 03-06-2015, 06:19 PM
obxmidgett
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have CFRs, vance and hines power dual and FP3 tuner on my '14 FLHTK. The bike runs fantastic and sounds even better. Like others have posted, I have people telling me all the time about how good the bike sounds. A friend of mine has a '14 also and he had the vance and hines big ovals on his. When he heard my bike, he went and bought the CFR pipes for his.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:47 PM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm installing my CFR's tomorrow when they arrive. Already done installing Fuel Moto's Billet AC and V&H dresser duals just waiting on the FP3 and CFRs...

Old 03-09-2015, 11:26 PM
mavantix
Cruiser

Got the Fuel Moto Pro Billet Stage 1 AC, V&H Dresser Duals, FP3 and CFR's installed and HOLY CRAP!!! Bike sounds like I put a cam in it, no cracking, just big booming rumble. Video's don't do justice to the CFR's sound. Can still hear my music cruising too.

Got most of the stuff from HogPro, highly recommend them, Drew was really easy to work with! Chris from V&H support has been awesome as well, responding to emails faster than I can send them.

Edit: Awesome, the photo is upside down, I guess my bike can fly now too.

Attached Thumbnails Any one running CFR's on there scoot?-img_6500.jpg  

Last edited by mavantix; 03-09-2015 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 03-10-2015, 10:06 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mavantix
Got the Fuel Moto Pro Billet Stage 1 AC, V&H Dresser Duals, FP3 and CFR's installed and HOLY CRAP!!! Bike sounds like I put a cam in it, no cracking, just big booming rumble. Video's don't do justice to the CFR's sound. Can still hear my music cruising too.

Got most of the stuff from HogPro, highly recommend them, Drew was really easy to work with! Chris from V&H support has been awesome as well, responding to emails faster than I can send them.

Edit: Awesome, the photo is upside down, I guess my bike can fly now too.

My wife was asking me why my laptop was upside down, I told her I was looking at a picture. Before I knew it she was running over asking very loudly what kind of pictures are you looking at. Darn forum almost put me in the doghouse, until I showed her a picture of the bike.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm running CFR muffles, Stock heads and cat. Love the pipes

Old 03-11-2015, 02:33 PM
mavantix
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TcHunter
My wife was asking me why my laptop was upside down, I told her I was looking at a picture. Before I knew it she was running over asking very loudly what kind of pictures are you looking at. Darn forum almost put me in the doghouse, until I showed her a picture of the bike.
Haha. I would flip the picture but I dunno how. It's the correct orientation on my side before I upload it.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I run CFR slip ons with a Cobra Power Port head pipe and a power commander 5. This thing performs and sounds great. I recently put on the new step cut version that mavantix bought and it seems I have more power than with my original smooth chrome CFR's. I know the baffles were altered at some point in time by Cary and I am thinking my original set had the old baffle as I definitely noticed a difference and only swapped mufflers which should have left me running the same as before.

Regardless, there is CFR and there is the rest of the pipes. I still have a few sets of the step cut sitting on the shelf in chrome.

Quick Reply: Any one running CFR's on there scoot?