Sponsored by:

Wheeldock EZ-UP on the Limited Low

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:05 AM
A206Driver
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Wheeldock EZ-UP on the Limited Low

I picked up the Wheeldock EZ-UP stand at Daytona Bike Week for my Limited Low. It took them about a minute to install. They talked to me beforehand and warned me that it does scrape if I ride aggressively. My aggressive riding days are past so I'm thinking that I'm good to go. Problem number two is that the back tire will spin without a passenger's weight on the back when driving off the stand. No problem just give it a good push to roll it off of the stand I'm thinking.

When I was leaving the parking area it scraped twice just pulling out onto the main street. I didn't think that pulling out of the parking lot with all of that traffic was too aggressive. I may have made a big mistake buying this. 900 lbs is heavy trying to push it off of the stand. I'm glad that it's easy to install and remove.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:56 AM
RogFel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you tell me where in Daytona their vendor tent is located? Also if you don't mind, what did they charge for the EZ-UP? Thinking of getting one for my FLHTK.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

You will learn that driveways ( with curb drains ) are better negotiated at an angle with the EZ up ... Yes there is a minimal loss of ground clearance but a few miles under your belt you'll be at ease with the set up and wonder how you ever got along without it. I'm a rather aggressive rider and have no problems with the stand on some of the more challenging roads such as the Dragon, Cherohala and the like. even with two up on the scooter. Maybe the "Low" has a bit to do with the clearance too ??

Old 03-08-2015, 10:32 AM
A206Driver
Tourer

Originally Posted by RogFel
Can you tell me where in Daytona their vendor tent is located? Also if you don't mind, what did they charge for the EZ-UP? Thinking of getting one for my FLHTK.
It was $266 installed. They are at the Speedway midway with the Orange top tent.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:33 AM
A206Driver
Tourer

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
You will learn that driveways ( with curb drains ) are better negotiated at an angle with the EZ up ... Yes there is a minimal loss of ground clearance but a few miles under your belt you'll be at ease with the set up and wonder how you ever got along without it. I'm a rather aggressive rider and have no problems with the stand on some of the more challenging roads such as the Dragon, Cherohala and the like. even with two up on the scooter. Maybe the "Low" has a bit to do with the clearance too ??
It is the LOW issue.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Sedonastrider
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by A206Driver
I picked up the Wheeldock EZ-UP stand at Daytona Bike Week for my Limited Low. It took them about a minute to install. They talked to me beforehand and warned me that it does scrape if I ride aggressively. My aggressive riding days are past so I'm thinking that I'm good to go. Problem number two is that the back tire will spin without a passenger's weight on the back when driving off the stand. No problem just give it a good push to roll it off of the stand I'm thinking.

When I was leaving the parking area it scraped twice just pulling out onto the main street. I didn't think that pulling out of the parking lot with all of that traffic was too aggressive. I may have made a big mistake buying this. 900 lbs is heavy trying to push it off of the stand. I'm glad that it's easy to install and remove.
Off topic question, where is your avitar picture from?

Thanks

Old 03-12-2015, 12:31 PM
A206Driver
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sedonastrider
Off topic question, where is your avitar picture from?

Thanks
Needles highway South Dakota. Us starting through the tunnel. Didn't see the guy above left in the rocks till we saw the picture.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 PM
dhimsey
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the EZ up on a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. Every time i went onto anything except a smooth surface, it scraped the ground. Even when getting off a road to go into a rest area or picnic area, or on a road with rolling bumps, it scraped. Scared the **** out of me the first time. I took it off after only a few months on. Good idea, but hangs too low.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:04 PM
A206Driver
Tourer

Originally Posted by dhimsey
I had the EZ up on a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. Every time i went onto anything except a smooth surface, it scraped the ground. Even when getting off a road to go into a rest area or picnic area, or on a road with rolling bumps, it scraped. Scared the **** out of me the first time. I took it off after only a few months on. Good idea, but hangs too low.
I'm thinking it's going to have to go too, thanks.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Good thing I read this. Today I stopped by their setup at the Daytona Speedway and specifically asked about scraping potential with the limited Low. Was told if an "aggressive rider" it will scrape and that it will also scrape on two out of ten speed bumps with the low. I was going to go back tomorrow and get one but those plans just got cancelled. Thanks for the post, you just saved me some cash.

Quick Reply: Wheeldock EZ-UP on the Limited Low