Sponsored by:

Eglide Goodies windshield pouches

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Eglide Goodies windshield pouches

Has anyone used these? The dual pouch (WP-102) has caught my attention. Just curious how they mount up, hold up, and if they cause any unwanted wear on the windshield or fairing. Using a triple pouch is not an option for me. Thanks in advance...

http://eglidegoodies.com/id68.html

Old 03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
GCSuper
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are butt ugly in my opinion. Look like their hanging by a cord or something. Why are you opposed to the three pouch model ?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:24 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to lose any function of the vent, but the biggest reason is that it is not compatible with the shorter wind splitter windshields. I've also seen more than a few bikes where they rub and scuff the windshield. I would probably only use the left one for the sake of holding an ez pass and probably remove it when it's not needed (it looks quick enough). Just thinking out loud and looking for ideas. I've tried it on the lid of my left bag and it seems to work maybe 50% of the time. In Ohio if it doesn't read you're not getting through the gate.

Last edited by mwegryn; 03-10-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:56 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GCSuper
Those are butt ugly in my opinion.
You think that's ugly? Scroll down on that page and look at this god awful contraption. WTF?

Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Is EZ Pass for toll roads ?

Old 03-10-2015, 11:04 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I like the concept... I had the 3 pouch from HD and hated it.

But.......

They look like they're hanging out there in space.

Maybe pics from a different angle....

Old 03-18-2015, 12:50 PM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Those almost look like they would be better served mounted on the lower fairing doors. What ever you do, please don' pu them on your fairing! They are too freekin' ugly for up high.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Pass Rider
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

I just got these yesterday and installed them today. I am waiting on a RMA to return them. When installed, the bags hang in front of the voltmeter and the fuel gauge covering the top half of each one. I can't read the gauges without lifting the bags or laying down on the tank.

I do have a long body, so these might work for someone with a shorter back or someone that doesn't scan the gauges very often.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:07 PM
skieverything
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwegryn
Has anyone used these? The dual pouch (WP-102) has caught my attention. Just curious how they mount up, hold up, and if they cause any unwanted wear on the windshield or fairing. Using a triple pouch is not an option for me. Thanks in advance...

http://eglidegoodies.com/id68.html
I am thinking I may get this two pouch set up and mount them on my lower fairings......just need a little more info such as the dimension of the pouch itself and if they have magnetic closures. G

Old 03-18-2015, 05:17 PM
GCSuper
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mwegryn
I don't want to lose any function of the vent, but the biggest reason is that it is not compatible with the shorter wind splitter windshields. I've also seen more than a few bikes where they rub and scuff the windshield. I would probably only use the left one for the sake of holding an ez pass and probably remove it when it's not needed (it looks quick enough). Just thinking out loud and looking for ideas. I've tried it on the lid of my left bag and it seems to work maybe 50% of the time. In Ohio if it doesn't read you're not getting through the gate.
I;m running mine with a 10 inch wind splitter and it works fine and hasn't scratched the shield at all.

Quick Reply: Eglide Goodies windshield pouches