Sponsored by:

Radio antenna splitter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:17 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Radio antenna splitter?

I installed J&Ms internal AM/FM/WB antenna this week. It works pretty good. Better than expected actually. Not quite as good as the whip but almost.

I'd still like to use my whip antenna on the tour pak when I have it installed.

Does anyone know of an antenna splitter that will work with the new radios? I did have a splitter on the my last bike but I think the connector may be different on the new radios.

FWIW, I also installed the J&M hidden CB antenna. It includes its own splitter to use the whip as well, not sure why the radio antenna doesn't as well.

Last edited by dgdamore; 03-24-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 AM
zbuxton
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
I installed J&Ms internal AM/FM/WB antenna this week. It works pretty good. Better than expected actually. Not quite as good as the whip but almost.

Does anyone know of an antenna splitter that will work with the new radios? I did have a splitter on the my last bike but I think the connector may be different on the new radios.

FWIW, I also installed the J&M hidden CB antenna. It includes its own splitter to use the whip as well, not sure why the radio antenna doesn't as well.
Not sure I can answer your question on the splitter for the fm, but question for you. Do you get good reception for the CB? I am taking off my tour pak but want to try out the CB. Haven't used one before but love the idea of it. Thanks for any help and would love to see your removal kit pictures!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore

Do a search on ebay for dual FAKRA antenna splitter. Someone sells one for use on AUDI/BMWs that use dual antennas. I haven't tried it but I think the cost is somewhere around $10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2715670...lpid=82&chn=ps

Last edited by MMXIWG; 03-25-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:49 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Do a search on ebay for dual FAKRA antenna splitter. Someone sells one for use on AUDI/BMWs that use dual antennas. I haven't tried it but I think the cost is somewhere around $10.

That is the one I purchased and it works fine.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:02 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zbuxton
Not sure I can answer your question on the splitter for the fm, but question for you. Do you get good reception for the CB? I am taking off my tour pak but want to try out the CB. Haven't used one before but love the idea of it. Thanks for any help and would love to see your removal kit pictures!
As far as I know I do get good reception. But I've only used to taking to truckers passing my on the highway in the opposite direction or other bikes I'm riding with, so I'm not transmitting very long distances. For this it works great.

Originally Posted by MMXIWG

Purchased. Thanks!