Sponsored by:

New Slip and Assist clutch kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
motorsgt8
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Slip and Assist clutch kit

Just wondering if anyone has switched their 2014 ultra or limited clutch pack to the new slip and assist kit that comes standard on the CVO's and 2015 lows. I have heard that this kit makes the clutch pull lighter and feel more like the old cable system. Any feedback you could give would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2015, 01:57 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I dropped off My Ultra in late Fall (for winter storage), that was just one of many mods I requested. Surprisingly, the Service Manager told me it wasn't worth it. Needless to say, I removed it from my list.........

Old 03-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

We have both in our garage and there is no big difference and we both have ridden these bike few times. Only difference I've noticed that low has little jerk feelings in the hand at gear engagement to me it's sort of annoying.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motorsgt8
Just wondering if anyone has switched their 2014 ultra or limited clutch pack to the new slip and assist kit that comes standard on the CVO's and 2015 lows. I have heard that this kit makes the clutch pull lighter and feel more like the old cable system. Any feedback you could give would be great.

Thanks
Did'nt know I had a slip and assist kit in my 2015 FLHTKSE, does'nt feel any different to my old Limited except it has like a clicking noise and a little resistance in a certain part of the pull !!

Old 03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have it in my CVO and I would not upgrade to it. There isn't much of a noticeable difference at all.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 AM
Brykwil
Tourer

Rekluse automatic clutch for me,soon.I run Rekluse on my CRF 450R'S dirt bikes and just love it.A little pricey but hell what isn't.

http://www.rekluse.com/exp_hd.shtml

Old 03-28-2015, 09:21 AM
motorsgt8
Advanced

Thanks for the replies. Mechanic who I trust told me that they are doing these on all of the major motor upgrades that their dealership does and have not had any issues when this was done. When they did the upgrades before the kit came out there were clutch issues. I also know that we had burned up several clutches on our 14 police motors at my department last year.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My Limited Low has it. Initially it was kind of spongy, took a lot of travel to disengage, but it was smooth & predictable. In my never ending quest to F things up I bled the clutch line. Now it only takes a slight pull to release, but the flip side is the very narrow engagement range. You let the clutch out & nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, grabs. Makes riding in the "friction zone" tough. I don't have a standard clutch to compare it to but I think I prefer the cable clutch from my Evo, other than the new clutch is a lighter pull.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:59 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brykwil
Rekluse automatic clutch for me,soon.I run Rekluse on my CRF 450R'S dirt bikes and just love it.A little pricey but hell what isn't.

http://www.rekluse.com/exp_hd.shtml
Watched their video and it looks interesting - my only question is how it would behave if you were making a tight turn in the friction zone.......meaning could the power be cut mid turn resulting in a tip over..

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
My Limited Low has it. Initially it was kind of spongy, took a lot of travel to disengage, but it was smooth & predictable. In my never ending quest to F things up I bled the clutch line. Now it only takes a slight pull to release, but the flip side is the very narrow engagement range. You let the clutch out & nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, grabs. Makes riding in the "friction zone" tough. I don't have a standard clutch to compare it to but I think I prefer the cable clutch from my Evo, other than the new clutch is a lighter pull.
Seems completely opposite to what it is supposed to do - that is be easier to feather in the friction zone. I wanted one but now - maybe not.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Brykwil
Tourer

[QUOTE=p51bombay;13858170]Watched their video and it looks interesting - my only question is how it would behave if you were making a tight turn in the friction zone.......meaning could the power be cut mid turn resulting in a tip over

Its seamlees,there's no surprises it's all throttle control even if you're in the wrong gear for the situation.For instance if you're in 2nd gear and you're making a u turn you just simply roll off the throttle then back on the throttle when needed, there's no surprises.In other words feathering the clutch on the recluse automatic clutch in a tight situation is simply rolling off and on the throttle as needed for the situation. The STOCK clutch lever is there and nothing changes it works just like stock.The only negative thing that could be said is the price everything else works like a dream.

Quick Reply: New Slip and Assist clutch kit