Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color, color, color....what to do now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Color, color, color....what to do now!

Posted a while back I was able to get the deal I was looking for on a 2015 Ultra Classic, trading a 2012. Was DEAD set on the Amber Whiskey\Charcoal combo and am awaiting arrival\shipment on the 17th of April.

Well, now I have a real dilemma, LOL. I happened to see an Ultra in "Black Magic", and am having serious reconsideration's on my choice! I think I never thought much of it as I wanted something other than a "black bike", as my last 6 or so have been vivid black. Didn't even look twice at the black magic, or know what it really looked like. Man, confused now! I never realized just how specked\flaked it looked in the right light. It's gorgeous!

What to do, what to do.....Maybe sit it on a day or two and make sure I don't make a rash decision!

Thanks for listening to my random rambling on color choices.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Never second guess the first guess. Id go with the original color you had in mind. Black is black no matter whats in front of it, Vivid, Magic, whatever its still black. Just my .02's on it.

Batman

Old 03-30-2015, 09:32 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Haven't seen the Black Magic in person, but personally, I'd stick with your initial color. I'm not personally wild about the graphic on the Black Magic, and I've always really liked the Amber Whiskey.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:32 AM
stevemucha1
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw an Ultra in Black Magic yesterday. It was awesome looking! In the sun it really pops. Inside was a Tri Glide in Black Magic, if only I was ready for 3 wheels.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the Black Magic is an awesome color. Wish it came in the Limited also. Guess you need to figure out wish one you like the best. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you get you'll wish you had got something different. That's human nature I guess. I rode with an Amber Whiskey/Charcoal Classic yesterday. And a whole bunch of black bikes. There were probably 15-18 bikes. The Amber Whiskey combo was a lot more attractive than the run of the mill other bikes. In my humble opinion.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first inclination was to get Amber Whiskey (of course, mine is a Street Glide, but same concept). Then I went back and forth with the Charcoal Pearl, Morocco Gold, and Blackened Cayenne. My wife hated the Amber Whiskey in the pictures also.

In the end, I went with my first instinct and I couldn't be happier. My wife now really likes the color and I get compliments on it all the time. Best thing? It's not just another black Harley.

BTW, my car is Tuxedo Black or whatever they call it with flakes in it. Looks great when it's clean, but by the time I get it home I can't see the flakes anymore because of the dust.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Very personal decision. If I had a Deluxe it would be two tone, white and something else,(most likely).

When i went into the HD dealer and looked around, like looking for a diamond ring with the jewelry stores special lights, they had every color and they all looked good.

I never really thought about it, but most of my humble wardrobe is black, mostly black t shirts and jeans. Just trying to give you my mind set and preferences that have developed over time.

My Harley gear is black, from my helmet to chaps, jacket, shirts, gloves, well you get the picture.

So i told the salesman, "I'll take that black one", he said great pick (he'd of said that about any color i picked), but he did say well that will save you a little money. Imagine that something i actually wanted cost less.

Good luck with your decision, you can't go wrong with any of the colors.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the thoughts and input here!

I think my final decision just got made a bit quicker than I thought. Reasons?:

1. Agree I should just stick with my original preference and not 2nd guess myself.
2. Blunt - The boss, yeah, the wife, just told me she REALLY prefers the Amber Whiskey\Charcoal two tone. (That settles it)!

Thanks again all....now, just 3 more weeks, hopefully, until arrival.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:44 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent color choice, and congrats on the new ride. Be sure to post up some pics for us when you pick her up

Quick Reply: Color, color, color....what to do now!