Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which brings me to . . . Tuners for My 2015 Ultra LTD

Old 04-18-2015, 07:13 PM
markfsanderson
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Which brings me to . . . Tuners for My 2015 Ultra LTD

I suppose I could go and pay top-dollar for the best . . . but that might not serve me well. I'd like a tuner to complete my stage one on my Ultra Ltd. So here are my criteria:
  • Simple and Easy. I have no desire to squeeze every last bit of perfomance out of my bike using a dyno and etc. Simple and Easy is good.
  • Doesn't require me to attach external devices to 'program' it. I'm a software engineer by trade, no programming. Period. While I ride - I ride.
  • Less than 400.00
  • A reasonably capable person w/tools ( me ) can install it (again, with no required programming via external device)
  • And, of course - it keeps it rich and cool!!

I've good experiences with the TFI Techlusion product that I purchased about 3 years ago for my 2011 Superglide Custom. I called the factory and they stated that the wiring harness and programming is substantially different so its not worth it to re-harness and reprogram the system. I can purchase a new one for $250.00 before discounts. What else is out there? Its been three years since I looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated . . .

Mark!

Last edited by markfsanderson; 04-18-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Missed the obvious . . .
Old 04-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Chuck U. Farley
Cruiser

I like the Screaming Eagle Pro Tuner that I had installed. The dealer can map it when he puts the headers and slip ons put on with the stage one air cleaner. Just my two cents.....

Old 04-18-2015, 07:23 PM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Power commander or find a power vision tuning center that will flash your bike and your done.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:39 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by external and programming. Either way with a tuner, whether you dyno tune or not, it's an external device. One stays, one leaves. It will either piggy back or flash the ecm - both of which could be considered programming I suppose. So if I set aside my uncertainty as to what you mean, I will say Vance and Hines FP3 because it couldn't be any more simple, it's $300, and it does the job. It's what I chose because my needs are few. Plug it in, work through a few basic steps, and you're done. No need to auto-tune if you don't want to as the options you select in the menu make an immediate improvement.

Here in the Rushmore section the 2 tuners you hear the most about are the FP3 and the Powervision 2. The former is less money but has fewer options. The latter is more money but more adjustability. There are a ton of threads on both.

Last edited by nevada72; 04-18-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:46 PM
DRJ1911
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the FP3. I've had them on my last two bikes and I am very happy with them.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:00 PM
markfsanderson
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by nevada72
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by external and programming. Either way with a tuner, whether you dyno tune or not, it's an external device. One stays, one leaves. It will either piggy back or flash the ecm - both of which could be considered programming I suppose. So if I set aside my uncertainty as to what you mean, I will say Vance and Hines FP3 because it couldn't be any more simple, it's $300, and it does the job. It's what I chose because my needs are few. Plug it in, work through a few basic steps, and you're done. No need to auto-tune if you don't want to as the options you select in the menu make an immediate improvement.

Here in the Rushmore section the 2 tuners you hear the most about are the FP3 and the Powervision 2. The former is less money but has fewer options. The latter is more money but more adjustability. There are a ton of threads on both.
Fair point. What I don't want is a fancy bluetooth enabled programmer with all the whiz-bang stuff. I just want either to either adjust/program/whatever permanently a single device to reside on the bike(like the TFI) - or (possibly) a programmer to send a new map to the ECM(?) to control the fuel. I prefer the former, as I can more easily 'get back to stock' when needed for warrantee work. Most of all - I want it simple. Do it once and be done with it.

Mark!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 PM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Sounds like you want a dyno tune. Find a good tuner and ask them what they use for product and go for it.

I chose to go it myself so I got the Power Vision from Fuel Moto. With their base map and my 3-4 20 minute ride sessions, I'm done tuning.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 PM
markfsanderson
Tourer
Lightbulb Perhaps I should reconsider . . .

Look at the FP3, it looks like it might fit the bill. At only 335.00 on Amazon delivered 2nd day . . . this might be the best choice. No, I don't want to take it to a tuner . . . I just want to install something, make some adjustments and let it go. I need to look into this a bit more . . .certainly fits the budget and folks like it as well . . .

Mark!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:37 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Completely happy with the new FP3 on my Ultra Limited.
The bike runs great!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:06 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

What you originally described isn't a tuner.

The FP3, is.

I got to fiddle with one a bit today, it's a pretty handy unit. And easy to flash the stock tune back....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which brings me to . . . Tuners for My 2015 Ultra LTD