2015 FLHTCUL Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 PM
smallsoldier
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 FLHTCUL Issues

Forum Members,

Do you own a 2015 Ultra Classic Low? If you do, are there any issues with your ride?

I bought my new Ultra on April 18th and I love it! HOWEVER...

First...The Daymaker lights are awesome except for the fact that they only light up the road about 20 ft in front of the bike when I expected about 100 ft. The high beam seems to be correct so making an adjustment will only raise the high beam too high.

Second...the intercom is total ****. When my wife plugs in her headset to the passenger plug, static takes over and we can't talk to each other; no matter what VOX setting you try.

Third...when I plug my iPhone into the USB port the radio won't play ****...yes...yes...I know..."have you followed all the instructions in the HUGE Boom! Box owner's manual?" YES!!!!

Have any of you experienced any of these issues? If so, did you just take it back to the dealer to figure out the issues or did you find a fix on your own?

I'm all ears.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails 2015 FLHTCUL Issues-2015-flhtcul.jpg  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree with the headlight. Don't know about the intercom. But you iPhone should work..
One time my phone would not connect with the usb. I turned the phone off for a few minutes and restarted. I go ahead and find the play list I want, let the phone start playing it and stop the song. With the kill Switch off and Key switch off plug the phone into usb. Turn the Key switch on and let the radio bootup if the radio goes to the FM go to Home Button and chose Media, at this point it should read your phone or what ever you named your phone will show on display. It should automaticly read the phone and play list you had chosen and start to play it. If you do it like this and it don't work go see your dealer. Good luck

Last edited by Gwaxley; 04-24-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 304 Likes on 130 Posts

check your headset plug. on my wives it got a little loose.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

On the headlight....

Aim the low beam to where it's right, the high beam will be waaaayyyyyy out there, not of much use. It will light up lane markers & reflextive signs tho.

Get the dealer to flash the ECU to keep the passing lights on with the high beams, helps a lot.

Can't help with the rest.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:39 AM
Yellow Glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer "reaimed" my light. Tech said the were all aimed low. Everything else is doing fine.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:37 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrobes
check your headset plug. on my wives it got a little loose.

Same here...we have to make sure it is plugged in securely from the start. If it is plugged in good we don't have a problem on the road?

Old 04-25-2015, 08:13 AM
smallsoldier
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies. After some further troubleshooting we have isolated the intercom problem to the passenger audio control switches; something in that switch bank is jacked-up for sure. As for the iPhone issue...it works great using the Bluetooth connectivity but plugging the phone into the USB port is still a worthless venture; will have to let the dealer figure this one out. Maybe reloading the radio's software will fix it...don't know. With the lights I'm gonna take yall's advice and adjust the headlight/passing lamps to the proper level. I never use the high beam on a bike anyway. Thanks again!

Ride safe out there!

Mike

Old 04-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer

Originally Posted by smallsoldier
Thanks for the replies. After some further troubleshooting we have isolated the intercom problem to the passenger audio control switches; something in that switch bank is jacked-up for sure. As for the iPhone issue...it works great using the Bluetooth connectivity but plugging the phone into the USB port is still a worthless venture; will have to let the dealer figure this one out. Maybe reloading the radio's software will fix it...don't know. With the lights I'm gonna take yall's advice and adjust the headlight/passing lamps to the proper level. I never use the high beam on a bike anyway. Thanks again!

Ride safe out there!

Mike
I bought the $9.95 plug that goes into the headphone jack so I could put a phone or ipod or something in the fairing door. I can play Bluetooth Pandora from my cell phone on the bike with no problem other than Pandora needs to see cell towers for internet based Pandora and that bugs hell outta me. Now I just created a playlist of mp3 bike music on a flashdrive and it is in the usb plug in the fairing and it works fantastic. I am really pleased with my bike. Intercom works, CB works, Everything but the stock lean fuel mixture I am going to correct next week.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

Like it's been mentioned about aiming the lights, from the factory they are set little low to make DOT happier, check for software updated some functions will have issue with starting up such as CB or Intercom and adjusting the volume for prompts is little tricky except radio volume. Old system was user friendly but the Infotainment is little too much to deal with right away and I phone pairing is little difficult unless it's an Apple device, try syncing your text massages and contact list to Infotainment once you accomplish that then using I phone thru the radio gets little easier.