Sponsored by:

Infotainment system headache

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:08 AM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Infotainment system headache

My system at any given time will on start up revert to a default of the weather band. I have been taking it to the dealer to get looked at 6 times in the last year. They reset it and I might get out of the parking lot before it goes back to the weather band at start up. This time I went down the street to eat lunch came out to the weather band again. Went back to the dealer and told them very indifferent this little headache.

Has anyone else had an issue with this. They keep telling my maybe the next update will fix. NOT!! The last update took out my AVC waiting on a fix for that. Did not have any trouble except the weather band on start up . That has been from day 1.

Thanks and be safe, Tom

Old 04-27-2015, 04:46 AM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has always done this, too. I think it's because I always have my iPhone hooked up, and the USB is slow to connect to it. I can hear the iPhone connect a bit after the system boots up, so I think that makes it go to the source prior to Media, which is Weather, because Media isn't ready.

I never really gave it any thought, because it doesn't really bother me a lot, but I'll try leaving it on FM this week and see if it goes to WX instead.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:43 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Use the kill switch to shut engine off, then power down the radio (takes three seconds) then turn off bike.
Also set your favorites.
Works for me, I had the same problem.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Pretty sure if you shut off WB alerts it won't default there anymore. As KC said, the system takes awhile to read the USB Media, mine takes a minute to recognize the connected flash drive. Good luck...

Old 04-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you turn your ignition on and allow the boom to start playing before you hit the starter it will reboot on engine start and go back to where you had it. I have mine on usb most of the time and as long as I wait till the music starts before starting the bike, it will always go back to the usb.

I usually turn on the ignition, then put on my gloves and helmet, then start the bike and that gives it enough time to completely boot up to it's last setting. If you hit the starter before it completes the bootup, then it reboots and reverts back to WB usually. Mine would sometimes go back to the FM station too before I started doing this.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Pretty sure if you shut off WB alerts it won't default there anymore. As KC said, the system takes awhile to read the USB Media, mine takes a minute to recognize the connected flash drive. Good luck...

Turning off weather alerts solved that issues for me.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:05 AM
nicliv
Cruiser

Maybe I'll try unhooking ipod and just leave on FM

Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 AM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by timbo141
Use the kill switch to shut engine off, then power down the radio (takes three seconds) then turn off bike.
Also set your favorites.
Works for me, I had the same problem.
Thanks, tried this. Worked 3 times and back to the weather band

Old 04-28-2015, 01:09 AM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RollaMo

Turning off weather alerts solved that issues for me.
Tried this as well. This one surprise the Harley wrench , even turned the weather band off and still did it to him

Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 AM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
If you turn your ignition on and allow the boom to start playing before you hit the starter it will reboot on engine start and go back to where you had it. I have mine on usb most of the time and as long as I wait till the music starts before starting the bike, it will always go back to the usb.

I usually turn on the ignition, then put on my gloves and helmet, then start the bike and that gives it enough time to completely boot up to it's last setting. If you hit the starter before it completes the bootup, then it reboots and reverts back to WB usually. Mine would sometimes go back to the FM station too before I started doing this.
Tried this as well. Waiting for the accept button to pop up all ready to start and ....weather band.

Quick Reply: Infotainment system headache