Sponsored by:

Rushmore Route - As-The-Crow-Flies

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Deuce_Rider
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rushmore Route - As-The-Crow-Flies

I've had my 'Rushmore' Glide Limited since December 2013 and it has a problem from day one that HD seem unable to fix. For certain routes it plots a route 70 miles from were you want to go, then expects you to travel as-the-crow-flies to your destination.

Anyone else seen anything like this.

Attached Thumbnails Rushmore Route - As-The-Crow-Flies-route-as-the-crow-flies.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuce_Rider
I've had my 'Rushmore' Glide Limited since December 2013 and it has a problem from day one that HD seem unable to fix. For certain routes it plots a route 70 miles from were you want to go, then expects you to travel as-the-crow-flies to your destination.

Anyone else seen anything like this.
Download & read the 2015 Infotainment manual. You may have some settings set wrong. Also, make sure you have the current version of software. Currently running 1.19.0 but 1.18.3 was good too.

Last edited by Hammz; 05-27-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 PM
HD-Gyro
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Waypoint

It looks like you somehow got a unwanted waypoint in your route. How did you upload the route? That is, what program did you use to plan your route originally?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Deuce_Rider
2nd Gear

No program used to plan the route. Just typed the address in. I get the same results to an address nearby but not on some other addresses.
This is not a waypoint problem because if it was a waypoint the Sat.Nav should then plot a route via roads to the destination and not assume that you can travel as-the-crow-flies. Also

Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
1Yellowdog
6th Gear

Go to GPS settings and ensure you do not have a incorrect "home" address, and verify your GPS routing settings.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Lango 103
Novice
Default NAV System Issues

I have run into several issues with the NAV system when I want to cross from the USA into Canada and vice versa.

The first time was from Dunkirk NY to Welland ON. The GPS set for SCENIC decided it would take me on an 18 hour trip along the south shore of Lake Ontario and cross over the border at Ottawa and come back along the north shore of the lake. Not a bad route perhaps but I was looking for a lunch stop not a 3 day tour.

Recently, leaving Ottawa area headed for Utica NY the NAV did the same thing, re-routed me to south of Montreal and crossed the border there and came along the south shore of the ST. Lawrence to Ogdensburg NY. Again not a bad route, just no where I wanted to go.

All settings were checked and no avoidance's were turned on except unpaved roads.

I spend a lot of time researching routes and the NAV system just changes them arbitrarily. How about a setting to FOLLOW PLANNED ROUTE.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Deuce_Rider
2nd Gear

After thinking about this issue and doing some Latitude and Longitude checks I now think that I have a corrupted map database. The address that the system calculates the route to has the same Latitude as the address entered but the Longitude is East rather than West of zero. i.e. the number is the same it is just the East/West that is wrong.
My guess is that the system calculates the route using the Lat. Long. (The incorrect data from the database) then puts the flag on the map which it uses the address and its pictures for, thereby ending up with a straight line from where it calculated the route to the required address.
I'll be asking the dealer to load a new database tomorrow.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Deuce_Rider
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Deuce_Rider
After thinking about this issue and doing some Latitude and Longitude checks I now think that I have a corrupted map database. The address that the system calculates the route to has the same Latitude as the address entered but the Longitude is East rather than West of zero. i.e. the number is the same it is just the East/West that is wrong.
My guess is that the system calculates the route using the Lat. Long. (The incorrect data from the database) then puts the flag on the map which it uses the address and its pictures for, thereby ending up with a straight line from where it calculated the route to the required address.
I'll be asking the dealer to load a new database tomorrow.
My dealer can't load a new database to replace my obviously corrupted database because, he tells me, it comes pre-loaded on the hardware. How ridiculous is that? He has to order new hardware just to change the software!

Old 06-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lango 103
I have run into several issues with the NAV system when I want to cross from the USA into Canada and vice versa.

The first time was from Dunkirk NY to Welland ON. The GPS set for SCENIC decided it would take me on an 18 hour trip along the south shore of Lake Ontario and cross over the border at Ottawa and come back along the north shore of the lake. Not a bad route perhaps but I was looking for a lunch stop not a 3 day tour.

Recently, leaving Ottawa area headed for Utica NY the NAV did the same thing, re-routed me to south of Montreal and crossed the border there and came along the south shore of the ST. Lawrence to Ogdensburg NY. Again not a bad route, just no where I wanted to go.

All settings were checked and no avoidance's were turned on except unpaved roads.

I spend a lot of time researching routes and the NAV system just changes them arbitrarily. How about a setting to FOLLOW PLANNED ROUTE.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
HD-Gyro
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GPS database

Deuce,
I'm not sure about the system used in the UK, but the database for the Boom system in the US is available from www.naviextras.com/. They have the EU database listed on their website so I would assume the UK is included.

At least for awhile.

Quick Reply: Rushmore Route - As-The-Crow-Flies