Sponsored by:

No Worries...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 04:12 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts
Default No Worries...

If someone just scanned all the thread titles in the Rush' forum, you'd think these bikes were plagued with issues. Well...I'm here to say that on my September 2013 purchased 2014 FLHTC and >15k miles, it's been absolutely trouble free. The Infotainment is no doubt quirky, but the bike is amazing...to me. Others no doubt, have much different expectations of what their ride should be and do, but for me, it's probably the only bike I'll leave mostly stock. I put on a heated seat and a 9" Cee Baily recurve windshield but that's it.

Very comfortable and plenty of power, fast on the interstate and handles great in the curves.

The only reason I'm even posting is I had a chance today, with the first really good weather, to run 150 miles (going the LONG way around) with a big smile. Ever take a ride where you just don't want to end?

Heck, we even rode last night with friends where it rained for a bit and had fun...

I give the FLHTK's 2 thumbs up...

Old 05-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Well said....I love mine

Old 05-29-2015, 04:23 PM
stubby001
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loving my 14 Ultra Classic!

Old 05-29-2015, 06:58 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

They are real nice bikes. Not perfect, but what is.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Classic bagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been keeping quiet myself. I've had three of them now and this one is by far the best. I've had no problems, don't care that they had a clutch recall and I'm planning on leaving mine mostly stock also. This bike rips through the curves and will flat out go when told too.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:23 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I agree. Very happy with my bike also. I've had a few HD motorcycles and really have had no issues with any of them. My 2015 is the best of the bunch!

Old 05-29-2015, 08:41 PM
RushKing14
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you read through these threads and don't keep in mind that folks usually only come to the forums when they have a problem, if would scare the hell out of anyone to even think about owning one of these machines. Most posts not asking opinions on what seat, bars, AC, tires, backrests, grips, tuner, blah blah, are threads about issues. For every bike out there with an issue, there are thousands without one.

I have own my RK now for 14 months, and 14K miles trouble free.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:48 PM
GunnerB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone I know who has one, loves it.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

90% of the rides I don't want them to end. My wife has said I thought you were going over that way, well I went that way and then kelp going and then made a big circle lol.
She has not wanted to ride much, it's been hot or rain or some other reason.
So I may be calling her one evening soon from Dallas or Atlanta or Little Rock making my way back the long way through Idaho or Kentucky. It don't really matter what direction as long as it takes a while. I love this Rushmore, it just fits.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:16 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

Ditto. When you completely re-engineer a whole line of bikes there's bound to be some growing pains. The clutch recall for me was a minor inconvenience, and actually seems more like an upgrade to me because I really like the way it engages now. Yeah the electronics are quirky, just like computers, smartphones and tablets can be. We don't even notice all the software patches on those devices because for the most part they are updated automatically. It looks like the MoCo is diligently working through the software issues.

At the core they're motorcycles and they're a damn fine machine to ride.

Quick Reply: No Worries...