Sponsored by:

fp3 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Browning, nb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default fp3 help

I got a 2014 sgs all stock. I hooked up my fp3 and put in stock hd mufflers standard baffles. After riding it I was playing around and noticed a active intake valve code. Not realizing the code was related to the new fp3 I took it to the dealer and he reflashed the bike back to Harleys. He said I had the wrong flash in it and had it set for a active exhaust. So today I thought I would try again. I hooked up the fp3 and this time put in standard exhaust but went and put x at the baffle type. Now I getting a rich rear code. Any ideas what im doing wrong.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Clear the code.Under General You want ACR automatic compression release On.All others off.Active exhaust is not used so must be turned off.
Try clearing the code and You may be fine.
I don't know where You can put an x at baffle type.You should have stock mufflers and standard baffle.Don't try to assume that You have something that You don't understand.Some functions are for european motorcycles.
It should work fine set to stock mufflers,standard baffle,stock air filter,Map
14W1031689.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Browning, nb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Harttoo
Clear the code.Under General You want ACR automatic compression release On.All others off.Active exhaust is not used so must be turned off.
Try clearing the code and You may be fine.
I don't know where You can put an x at baffle type.You should have stock mufflers and standard baffle.Don't try to assume that You have something that You don't understand.Some functions are for european motorcycles.
It should work fine set to stock mufflers,standard baffle,stock air filter,Map
14W1031689.
Thanks I will give that a try in the morning

Old 06-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Browning, nb
Cruiser

I couldn't wait to try. I put the setting to off except compression release and I got map number 14t1031687?

Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Also the fp3 will save and store the stock map. You should be able to flash the stock map with out going to the dealer. It's a pretty simple setup I'm not sure why you would have to go in and change a particular setting.
It will probably be Monday but with the fp3 plugged into the bike, and with wifi connected to the tuner you can call V&H at that time and they Will help you get it set up.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

From what I understand, Active Exhaust is on the imported bikes to comply with sound levels. I noticed you're in Canada so you may have the Active Exhaust option.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
From what I understand, Active Exhaust is on the imported bikes to comply with sound levels. I noticed you're in Canada so you may have the Active Exhaust option.
He stated in original post that Dealer said Active Exhaust was enabled and should not be.
Just trying to alleviate any confusion.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Browning, nb
Cruiser

I went back to the dealer download and cleared the codes. All seems ok as far as throwing codes now. Im now in the process of auto tuning. I will let you fellows know how I make out.
I know this should be easy but if anybody can mess this computer stuff up its me. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Browning, nb
I went back to the dealer download and cleared the codes. All seems ok as far as throwing codes now. Im now in the process of auto tuning. I will let you fellows know how I make out.
I know this should be easy but if anybody can mess this computer stuff up its me. Thanks for the help.
If You are autotuning the Dealer download,You will be gaining nothing from the installation of the FP3.You must use the stock map from the FP3 for auto tune.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Browning, nb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Harttoo
If You are autotuning the Dealer download,You will be gaining nothing from the installation of the FP3.You must use the stock map from the FP3 for auto tune.
lol. I guess I better call V H.

Quick Reply: fp3 help