Sponsored by:

iPhone nav through boom speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default iPhone nav through boom speakers

I bluetoothed my iPhone to the bike and set directions to navigate with gps with Google. The voice directions are not coming through the speakers. Any way to get vocal nav directions through boom 4.3 by bluetoothing an iPhone 6 to the bike?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Mr Kane
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my iPhone 6 bluetooth through mine and it works fine. I use Waze instead on google for GPS, but that shouldn't matter. What I did realize though is that you have to make sure that your are connected to your phone in the media selection. If I use my thumb drive for music instead I don't think the iPhone will automatically switch over for the directions....at least I haven't tried it anyway.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:36 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't know what nav you have on the phone but check the volume in the app itself - I have tomtom on mine and the nav sound is independent of the phone.......meaning that if you want the nav sound up/down you have to adjust it while the app is open.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 AM
skieverything
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_1202
I bluetoothed my iPhone to the bike and set directions to navigate with gps with Google. The voice directions are not coming through the speakers. Any way to get vocal nav directions through boom 4.3 by bluetoothing an iPhone 6 to the bike?
It should be coming through your speakers. Are you listening to music from your phone or the boom box itself? As Mr. Kane said you have to be on the Media in order for it to work.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
bill_1202
Road Master

Originally Posted by skieverything
It should be coming through your speakers. Are you listening to music from your phone or the boom box itself? As Mr. Kane said you have to be on the Media in order for it to work.
Actually, I was listening to FM radio and the voice nav audio was not working. I usually ride with a deactivated iPhone 4 I stick on the USB and place it in my Street glide's cubby for music. It's basically an MP3 player now. Then I Bluetooth my iphone 6 to the bike for my V&H tuner. So I'm connected to blue tooth anyway and I was hoping that I could get Google nav voice directions to interrupt my music and have it all come out of my speakers but it didn't work when listening to FM. I do have a good Bluetooth connection to the bike and the iphone 6 has it's volume turned up?So the question is, can I listen to my USB connection running on the iPhone 4 and then get nave audio from my Bluetoothed iPhone 6 that will interrupt the music at the same time or do I have to be using the same phone for for music and not use the USB iPhone 4 connection to listen to music when I want to get nav directions out of the iphone 6?

Last edited by bill_1202; 07-29-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Mr Kane
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_1202
Actually, I was listening to FM radio and the voice nav audio was not working. I usually ride with a deactivated iPhone 4 I stick on the USB and place it in my cubby for music. It's basically an MP3 player now. Then I Bluetooth my iphone 6 to the bike for my V&H tuner. So I'm connected to blue tooth anyway and I was hoping that I could get Google nav voice directions to interrupt my music and have it all come out of my speakers but it didn't work when listening to FM. I do have a good Bluetooth connection to the bike and the i phone 6 has it's volume turned up?b so can I listen to my sub connection running on the iPhone 4 and then get nave audio from my Bluetooth iPhone 6 at the same time or do I have to be using the same phone for everything?
I'm thinking that's your issue right there. You can only pair to one device at a time through bluetooth. What you can do instead is you can put music on your iPhone 6 and connect it through your usb connection. That way whatever audio you have on your phone, to include the GPS, will play through your speakers and you can bluetooth your tuner at the same time.

Last edited by Mr Kane; 07-29-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:25 PM
bill_1202
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr Kane
I'm thinking that's your issue right there. You can only pair to one device at a time through bluetooth. What you can do instead it you can put music on your iPhone 6 and connect it through your usb connection. That way whatever audio you have on your phone, to include the GPS, will play through your speakers and you can bluetooth you tuner at the same time.
I see what you are saying... Technically, I'm only "pairing" one device to the boom. So my nav would be coming from Bluetooth and my music would be hard wired and connected through the USB cable. My iPhone 6 holds less music vs. my iPhone 4. Hoping to leave my iPhone 4 in the cubby and forget about it... I could carry both and just use music loaded on my iPhone 6 when needing nave and disconnect the iPhone 4's music. So I could just use the music on my iPhone 6 when needing nav? I might be making this harder than is needs to be but hey, we're learning how this boom system works right? So this also opens the question... Can we pair a headset or helmet speakers to the bike when the phone is paired?