Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak on 2015 limited at 33 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 08:33 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually instead of saying XYZ Harley is a lousy dealer, you could say: I took my HD to XYZ Harley for this reason and this is what happened.....maybe after giving XYZ Harley a chance to make it more than right first. Then if you aren't satisfied you just tell the truth.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:34 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience when a dealer owner knows something will be posted on a major forum they do everything possible to make it right first.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 PM
nightrain116
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dealer principal had time. all he wanted to do is make it right next time when I would come in and do motor work No.....your company employees are supposed to be professional. They were far from it that day. and the dealer was OPEN ROAD HD in Fond du lac Wisconsin..... they gave me a certificate when I bought the bike for 15 percent off. That card is in the garbage. I will do my business else where.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:03 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Dago_RoadKing
If it were me. An oil leak at 33 miles would equal the dealer swapping me out to a new bike. Thats not an issue I would be willing to risk in the long run. The @$$hole tech would just be icing on the cake.
Getting a new bike is probably not an option under the Harley warranty, unless it pertains to the "Lemon Law" in certain states. I don't claim to be a lawyer, but I remember watching LA Law on TV about 30 years ago.

If you use the 24 month warranty the MOCO provides, the manufacturer has the option to fix, repair or replace any part they want. The manufacturer (MOCO) agrees to pay the dealer (the store you bought the bike from) to perform the work.

The employee that mistreated your bike is another issue altogether. He should be hit in the mouth with a piece of pipe. OK, maybe that is a little harsh. Instead he should be hit in the side of his head with a 2x4 just before being terminated. Still too harsh for some of you? Then just hit him in the head with the 2x4...but do not terminate him. Of course all of this corporal punishment should be doled out in complete privacy and preferably in the dark of night because as everybody knows by now "there is always some sob standing by with a cell phone camera who is going to record you."

Old 10-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Roger Rimshot
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dc3plt
And THIS is why no dealer will ever see my brand new SG in their service department unless the engine seizes.
I have all the normal tools and tech manuals to do everything myself. Only way it gets done right. If I f something up, so be it and I'll blame myself.
Not saying all dealers techs are bad BUT there's NO QUESTION about who cares about your bike more....you or a dealer?
X2! When I bought my 2012, the shop manual was the 1st option I ordered. Yet there are guys who don't even change their oil themslves - their bikes remain a mystery to them; they wring their hands over simple problems and are at the mercy of their dealer. That said, my Ultra, @ 46k mi, has been as solid as a rock - I love this bike!

Old 10-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

I would have killed that tech the minute he threw a part of my bike. Who gives a **** about your drive gear. The fact the dealer stood up for that dude is garbage. If not kill him ask him which bike is his and kick the bitch over. Oh, how's YOUR primary looking? This got me heated...

Old 10-28-2016, 08:28 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Ugh, that's painful to even think about. If I managed to stay in my right mind, which is very doubtful, I would have had my cell phone out recording video.

While I do know there are some dealerships with poor service, I know of at least one that has always been tops for me. In fact, when I was riding from Austin to Dallas last week, third gear junked on me. I had to decide if I was going to use my Road America towing plan that I got through HOG and let the nearest dealer work on it, or limp it the second half of the way to Dallas then all the way back. I opted for the latter of the two because I knew Cowboy HD of Austin would take care of it right, and right is what I want.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Captnpirate
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess I am a lucky rider. I've been to Chester's HD in Pocatello, ID, Timpanogos in Lindon, UT, and finally the HD Dealership in Bartlesville, OK this summer and was treated very well and the work done was spot on and quick. Now I will say that I have done all the maintenance on my Street Glide since the 1,000 mile check. My local dealership is Treasure Coast HD in Stuart, FL and they just cleaned my rear brake peddle because it was sticking and they did a great job.
Of course this is my humble opinion and there may be others who would call me crazy and think I'm nuts for going to Treasure Coast or any dealership. That's OK by me. Bottom line, if you don't like dealerships, or a particular dealership, don't go and turn your own wrenches or find your own mechanic. You need to be comfortable with the work being done on your ride. I won't say ALL dealerships are bad but I also know there are a few out there. I am not OK with "pointing out the bad ones" but I am in favor complementing the good ones.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:50 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Since someone pulled this post up from almost a YEAR ago - wonder how the OP and his bike is doing?

Old 10-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
Since someone pulled this post up from almost a YEAR ago - wonder how the OP and his bike is doing?
Go over to the FJR Forums and ask him