Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade advice 15 Limited for 15 CVO Limited

Old 07-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
Actually, it's not a great deal. The CVO will depreciate much more. I'd pass. Put the extra money in your limited.
How do you figure that ? In the past CVO's always had much less depreciation in the real marketplace.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:58 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Just my opinion, but AFAIC, the CVO's are one of the the biggest ripoffs on earth! My advice is to stay with what you have if it's not giving you any problems.

If some dealer GAVE me a brand new CVO (fat chance!), I'd leave it on the floor on consignment to sell, and buy a regular Limited with the proceeds and pocket what was left.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trade advice 15 Limited for 15 CVO Limited

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Just my opinion, but AFAIC, the CVO's are one of the the biggest ripoffs on earth! My advice is to stay with what you have if it's not giving you any problems.

If some dealer GAVE me a brand new CVO (fat chance!), I'd leave it on the floor on consignment to sell, and buy a regular Limited with the proceeds and pocket what was left.
Agreed, I've talked so many people out of buying cvo's. Such a waste of money.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
D
And here is a second opinion. In my opinion the CVO at the right price is a great deal. Everything I want, and don't have to add on my own later. I bought mine for only a few grand more than my buddy paid for his loaded out Limited.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 AM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

CVO's are still the best value and they hold their value pretty well. They don't depreciate at the rate of regular models. I have no clue what these people are talking about. CVO vs. a Limited with 10 grand worth of "making it my own" is still a Limited. If you are seriously interested, see if you can get them down another $1000 and that would be an even better deal. Do what you are comfortable with. Good luck!

Old 07-31-2015, 02:17 AM
Choppie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
... Put the extra money in your limited.
Best idea in my personal opinion.

I was faced with the same itch and my 14 Limited. Decided to use the money to upgrade my Limited. Just started with the Quick detach TP kit and next will look at the engine upgrades.

I'm quite like the time spent on doing my upgrades.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 AM
A206Driver
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm looking more for advice on monetarily if it's a good deal or not. Thanks so much for all of the input so far though. It's helping me make up my mind. Keep it coming.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:37 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 482 Likes on 345 Posts

If I had the extra cash, I'd have no problem owning a CVO ltd...makes sense that it would hold its value better than a Ltd with a bunch of stuff added to it...keeping a cvo ltd stock would depreciate at the slowest rate...IMO

Old 07-31-2015, 05:38 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have owned 3 CVO's. I would love to tell you I regretted something about that...but I don't. Not one little bit. Maybe they aren't for everyone (obviously from some of the comments here) but in the end...who are you intent on pleasing...yourself, or someone or doesn't see it your way. Personally if it makes you happy and you find its a good deal...then I would think what someone else thinks shouldn't be what guides you. They aren't going to be riding it...you are.

One thing to consider...all bikes depreciate. No doubt there. The CVO's, for the most part, hold their value a bit better simply because they make a fairly limited number of them. The thing is this...if you drop a lot of money into your bike in the form of options, upgrades, and the like...you won't get it back on trade in and probably not on a private sale.

Put it this way...drop 8 grand in a bike, say on new cams, exhaust, tuner, maybe some on new speakers, better amp blah blah blah. If you're going to keep the bike and ride it until it has 70K miles on it is probably worth it. Drop that money on a bike and want to trade it after 20k...you aren't going to see that money. Try selling it for 8 grand over blue book trade/sale value and...well if you find someone willing to give you the extra 8 grand you put in it plus blue book value...call me. I got some stuff I want to sell them.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 PM
dinsmoor17
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I traded my 2014 Limited two tone with 8 k miles last week.I paid 16k with my trade for a 2015 CVO ltd.Pewter and maroon. Great bike, rides great. Lot of money but it is a beautiful bike.I would do it again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trade advice 15 Limited for 15 CVO Limited