Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall to the recall, Saddle bag clips

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

I just got the letter in the mail today. I knew there was issues with them so I bought a SaddlebagSecure kit from Brukus last year.

http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-pro...rts&item=40986

Old 08-04-2015, 05:13 PM
white83
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if a clip with no dots are good or bad? I pulled mine off and they didn't have anything on them. I also had my right side saddle bag fall off last year while out riding and have been sick looking at the damage that resulted but haven't had the money or time to repair it yet.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,291 Likes on 1,905 Posts

Originally Posted by white83

Does anyone know if a clip with no dots are good or bad? I pulled mine off and they didn't have anything on them. I also had my right side saddle bag fall off last year while out riding and have been sick looking at the damage that resulted but haven't had the money or time to repair it yet.
Check this site
https://www.harley-davidson.com/cont...e-recalls.html
Put in your vin # and see if you are on the recall list. The MoCo has been replacing bags due to the recall.
Good luck

Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts
Default Recall to the recall, Saddle bag clips

Originally Posted by Vernal
Lucky I guess, Small town living. Took them 8 clips, they gave me 8 Double dot clips and I installed them.
Small dealer with one HD Tech and he is busy, if I can help him save a few minutes I'm happy to do it. And just to be up front about it, I like working on my bikes.
Copy that.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:28 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts
Default Recall to the recall, Saddle bag clips

Originally Posted by white83

dsw1519 posted in the other recall thread that the dealer replaced his because of the defective part. They should replace yours, too.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I still have the original ones that are being recalled (not on the bike) and they have no dots at all. I have the bolt on type setup now and happy with them. They can keep their crappy fasteners for all I care.

Now I did notice in the letter a part where they say that they would reimburse you if you took care of the problem before the recall. I'm wondering what do they mean by that. Will they reimburse me for the bolt on system that I installed because I noticed within a month that one of the fasteners had come loose while riding?

Old 08-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

For less than 5 bucks you can go to any hardware and buy clips and bolts and be done with it forever.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:47 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,164 Likes on 7,984 Posts

I had mine changed out this Saturday. Just went out to check them and every one of them has a dot on the right side.

Where did the pictures and information come from?

Old 08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Vernal
Club Member

To clarify my Post the clips with the dots are the clips the MOCO is replacing the original, defective, recalled clips with. My original clips did not have any dots on them. My dealer just got the Memo today and they most likely installed some of the ones that have the dot on the right corner. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Vernal
Club Member

Originally Posted by zoozoo
I had mine changed out this Saturday. Just went out to check them and every one of them has a dot on the right side.

Where did the pictures and information come from?
I stopped in at my local dealer to get the clips and the service manager showed me the memo, he said he had just received it. He said they had received 3 different shipments of clips since the recall. I took a picture of it with my phone.

Quick Reply: Recall to the recall, Saddle bag clips