Sponsored by:

Oil Leak,before first service

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 PM
berndog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak,before first service

So I bought a 2015 Road Glide Custom,I absolutely love it,however I noticed an oil leak around pushrod tube in front cyl pushrod tube at about 700km,,,so dealer says they will look at it at first service.
I do my first oil change,bought from dealer,,take it in at for first service,,they charge me 57.50 to diagnose oil leak,,and then tell me there is no leak,that oil was present from me doing oil change and not cleaning up afterwards,,I was freakin insulted,,so I get home look over the checklist and I see there is a check for visual inspectionfor leaks of oil lines and brake lines,,so why charge me extra??
So here I am right side of bike is just covered in oil,im taking it back just like that,,and hoping that the same tech gets to work on it,,Is this stuff not covered under warranty?? I was insulted.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:30 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's under warranty, they should have not charged you for the work if THEY did the work. If you did the work...they might be under the impression you created the problem. Not sure how the warranty plays with that.

Last edited by SlowRain; 08-07-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:32 PM
spider14043
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same thing happened to me. First day, first 50 miles and leak at rear cylinder pushrod tube at bottom. They gave me a new rental bike to ride for the five days it took to get all new parts. Tech was afraid something was out of round. Of course no charge and many many apologies.
Didn't mention that I was using the 30/60/30 break in method as I left the dealership with my new bike.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:46 PM
berndog
Tourer

they actually gave you another bike to ride,,they havent offered me anything,,I complained about the leak before I did oil change
and whats the 30/60/30 break in?

Old 08-07-2015, 02:02 PM
dc3plt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by berndog
So I bought a 2015 Road Glide Custom,I absolutely love it,however I noticed an oil leak around pushrod tube in front cyl pushrod tube at about 700km,,,so dealer says they will look at it at first service.
I do my first oil change,bought from dealer,,take it in at for first service,,they charge me 57.50 to diagnose oil leak,,and then tell me there is no leak,that oil was present from me doing oil change and not cleaning up afterwards,,I was freakin insulted,,so I get home look over the checklist and I see there is a check for visual inspectionfor leaks of oil lines and brake lines,,so why charge me extra??
So here I am right side of bike is just covered in oil,im taking it back just like that,,and hoping that the same tech gets to work on it,,Is this stuff not covered under warranty?? I was insulted.
THAT dealer is garbage.

What dealer was it so everyone can be sure to avoid.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 PM
berndog
Tourer

And they want to charge me an extra 55$ to use dye,,,is this not all under warranty?

Old 08-07-2015, 03:23 PM
dc3plt
Cruiser

Absolutely it is.

Get the hell away from that dealer, seriously.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:35 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by berndog
And they want to charge me an extra 55$ to use dye,,,is this not all under warranty?
OUT the name of the dealer. That's the only way sh%t like this is ever gonna stop. We see a lot of threads like this every year and many times people decline to name the dealer/vendor. That always makes me wonder a little.

If I had an oil leak on a in warranty bike and the dealer attempted to charge me for "diagnosis" I'd would snap on them.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:50 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I would have reamed those retards a new arsehole. Demand a refund and only let them do warranty work if no other dealerships are available

Old 08-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Is the oil coming from your Air Cleaner?
This is a very common problem if you add more than 3 qts. at a oil change. Reach your hand up under your AC Cover and see if it's oily under the filter. If so you use a turkey baster to suck oil out of the case through the dip stick hole. remove the filter and clean it.
Keep the level below half way on the dip stick. Add the 3 qts. go for a ride and check the level.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: Oil Leak,before first service