Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Ultra Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:39 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the $700 USA difference in list you can add heated grips to the RG and still have money left. I think the tank decals on these 16s look very cheap on such an expensive bike.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:47 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Yes but will you then complain of the ball busting seat, no CB and no heated grips? I get a kick out of everyone spouting off about how terrible the 2016 this or that is but in a few months they'll be on here bragging about their new ride.
You've never heard me complain about a lack of heated grips, the seat or, no C B. For one, having a 28" inseam, I like the seat on my Low. I could care less about heated grips. They did not come on my bike nor have I lost any sleep over such. As for the C B, before I left the dealership, I did several things. Removed the antenna and plugged the hole and, shut the gawd awful thing off. I have no use for it.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:17 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Default Road Glide Ultra Low

So I rode the hour one way in this freck'n TX heat to one of the dealers open on Sunday. The new RGU in person is dynamite. Ft Worth Harley has several on the floor. Red over red, Black, Silver over black. The Silver/black is outstanding. The pictures on the web site are so close it's cool. Now I want one darn it. It would cost me $750 for suspension parts from Boardtracker to lower it. My seat from the FLHTKL puts me in the sweet spot. I wouldn't even have to change the bars, just tilt them backwards slightly. Swap out the passenger floorboards and I'm good to go ................

Last edited by MikeyTX; 08-30-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:45 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
One can put money on this ........... The moment the Mo-Co releases an RGU low .............. I'm all over it. Like flies on manure .................
So I rode the hour one way in this freck'n TX heat to one of the dealers open on Sunday. The new RGU in person is dynamite. Ft Worth Harley has several on the floor. Red over red, Black, Silver over black. The Silver/black is outstanding. The pictures on the web site are so close it's cool. Now I want one darn it. It would cost me $750 for suspension parts from Boardtracker to lower it. My seat from the FLHTKL puts me in the sweet spot. I wouldn't even have to change the bars, just tilt them backwards slightly. Swap out the passenger floorboards and I'm good to go ................

HAHA.......Flies latched on sooner than expected. LOL

Old 08-30-2015, 05:58 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
CB's are an option now . They have faded from use just the signs of the time.
True, but then instead of the measly $700. price difference vs the Ultra Limited, Harley should have then included the heated grips, painted inner fairing, etc. on the RGU, then the price would be more in line for what its worth.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:43 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
HAHA.......Flies latched on sooner than expected. LOL
Still need to get labor $$ for the install of the Low Profile Premium Ride Single Cartridge Fork Kit-45500157. It doesn't take them all that long to ship parts. I will tough it out for the rest of the year on my Limited Low. Preference would be for the factory to go this route in 2017. I'd much sooner have the bike come factory lowered. Less chance for a screw up.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 AM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,118 Likes on 732 Posts

I bought my 2015 RGS in June. Couldn't wait for 2016 ultra to come out as my 03 RKC just wasn't dependable for the riding I do. Currently a couple thousand miles from home in BFE Oregon. I'm glad for me I didn't wait, although the black and grey RGU looks sweet. I got my 2015 for 22.5k otd. Added the TP and lowers. Came out ahead. Do t care about TC, but would take it. The thing is, I love this bike, but I'm not in love with it. My 03 still has my heart. I will prob keep the RGS for two years and look for either another RG and hope harley steps up or move on to a different brand (while still keeping my RKC!)

Old 08-31-2015, 03:13 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

.............. I wouldn't even have to change the bars, just tilt them backwards slightly ................
Strange, but the stock handlebars on RGs are not adjustable as they come from the factory. You'll have to remove the nub that holds the bars in place to move them. Not the biggest hassle in the world, but a PIA.

It does seem odd that that most of the models "line up" between the EG and RG lines, except for the EG Ultra & LTD vs the RGU. That marketing doesn't make sense to me.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:53 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Strange, but the stock handlebars on RGs are not adjustable as they come from the factory. You'll have to remove the nub that holds the bars in place to move them. Not the biggest hassle in the world, but a PIA.

It does seem odd that that most of the models "line up" between the EG and RG lines, except for the EG Ultra & LTD vs the RGU. That marketing doesn't make sense to me.
You're saying that the bars can't be tilted backwards ?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:18 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Don't forget the Gloss Black inner fairing also.
Also don't forget the white dash lites on the Limited compared to the yellow dash lites on all the RG'S.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Ultra Thoughts