Sponsored by:

Clutch Recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:08 PM
riderdog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Recall

Just got a recall from the motco for hydraulic clutch issues. Bought the bike 2 weeks ago, why didn't the dealer fix it? Just hate to leave my Ultra Classic with folks I know can't perform the duties I can. 35 years of racing and fixing bikes, plus I'm a machinist, tool and die maker, have all the tools. Love the bike just not feeling the love for the motorco. BTW, I raced one of the first XR &750's on the Junior Flat Track circuits in 1971 have to cringe when it goes to the selling dealer.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

It just opened up with the expanded list, The dealer can't do a recall until it comes up on the factory list. They should be getting good at it by now but i understand, i am very leary of taking it in. The first round of 14 recalls my tank got chipped and they bought me a tank no problem because I made the advisor inspect it before and document "no damage" tech said "it was there already" i said doesn't matter repair order states no damage. Mike

Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

What are they really doing on this recall? I got the letter and have to decide when and where to take it. Is this a potential make appointment, take in and wait to do work? Guess I am curious on what they will do or replace.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:30 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I just got one as well - funny is it was just in for service a few weeks ago & I asked them about it - they said it wasn't on the recall list - well I guess it is now...

Old 09-01-2015, 09:34 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts
Default Clutch Recall

Mine came in the mail today. Called the dealer and they can't even get me in until the 25th!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by riderdog
Just got a recall from the motco for hydraulic clutch issues. Bought the bike 2 weeks ago, why didn't the dealer fix it? Just hate to leave my Ultra Classic with folks I know can't perform the duties I can. 35 years of racing and fixing bikes, plus I'm a machinist, tool and die maker, have all the tools. Love the bike just not feeling the love for the motorco. BTW, I raced one of the first XR &750's on the Junior Flat Track circuits in 1971 have to cringe when it goes to the selling dealer.
What makes you think the shop techs can't do the fix ? This is a mandated recall. The dealer has to do the work.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Read the instructions to test your bike. If it doesn't exhibit any traits of the failure, you are safe. Besides, the dealer will most likely not fix it if you are not having an issue.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM
ursman
Advanced

There has been several threads on here regarding the clutch not disengaging when first started due to hydro pressure not fully building up. Enough ppl have had the problem for MoCo to finally do something about it....kinda makes you wonder what other gremlins are hiding on your bike that we haven't discovered or made enough of a stink about

Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 PM
ursman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dinger
Read the instructions to test your bike. If it doesn't exhibit any traits of the failure, you are safe. Besides, the dealer will most likely not fix it if you are not having an issue.
The recall notice states that even if you aren't experiencing the issue to bring it in for repair. This is more of a liability disclaimer than anything i'm sure

Old 09-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Originally Posted by ursman
The recall notice states that even if you aren't experiencing the issue to bring it in for repair. This is more of a liability disclaimer than anything i'm sure

Agreed.

Quick Reply: Clutch Recall