Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 RGS Radio problems

Old 09-25-2015, 03:30 PM
surfrat2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RGS Radio problems

So, a couple of weeks ago Im leaving work and my radio switches from FM Tuner to my IPOD (USB connected) on its own. I kind of ignore it and ride on and after a min it switches back to FM and stays there..I figure maybe I hit a bump and maybe I switched it myself(not likely). Two weeks go by and no issues...till today. I was preparing for a ride with some friends and took her out to the gas station for a quick top off. When I got back and parked her the radio came on for a split second AFTER the bike had shut down and just before the security siren chirped...once again I ignored it, I just wanted to ride. I head out with my friends and about 30 miles into the ride, Im listening to FM and it switches to the IPOD, a few seconds later it went back to FM and then back to IPOD....it did that like 10 times and then just settled into the IPOD and stayed there till I switched it to FM myself. I plot a destination on my NAV and everytime the directions are announced the sounds shuts on the radio (normal) but I dont hear the voice prompts for the NAV......anyone else getting these gremlins?

Old 09-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,104 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I can't tell you anything about the fm/ipod switching on its own. I can however say that the reason you don't hear the nav prompts, is the volume on nav prompts are not turned up.

You can either change through the setup menu or while the nav interrupts the music, turn up the volume. I'm sure you will hear them then.

Each function of the radio has its own volume control. Anytime you want to adjust the volume for a certain function, do so with the thumb control while that function is in operation

Old 09-25-2015, 06:19 PM
surfrat2
Advanced

thanks, Im glad that its just a setting to adjust. I hope the other problems will get resolved in the next update. I was on a FB RG page and a few other people have experienced the IPOD/Radio flip flop

Old 09-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Probably a bad USB connection/wire issue. Try a different interface cable.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:32 PM
surfrat2
Advanced

I switched from USB to Bluetooth and so far no issues. Im just confused, if Im listening to the radio why would a bad USB cable cause the Head Unit to switch on its own to IPOD?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by surfrat2
I switched from USB to Bluetooth and so far no issues. Im just confused, if Im listening to the radio why would a bad USB cable cause the Head Unit to switch on its own to IPOD?
Because when the cable connection appears, the system switches to the new input. Nothing new. Many car radios do that too when aux input gets plugged in, source switches from radio to aux source.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:02 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Mine does it all the time. infotainment system sucks. I have not updated the system since buying in January, don't want to make it worse. Love the bike!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:51 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingSkeet
Mine does it all the time. infotainment system sucks. I have not updated the system since buying in January, don't want to make it worse. Love the bike!
I feel the same way!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:26 AM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

I have the 4.3 boom system and mine did exactly the same thing, switched from the ipod to FM. its a bad cable or the plug into the ipod is bad. changed out my cable and problem solved. The system doesn't "see" the ipod right away and when it does see it, it changes or it sees the ipod but loses connection and goes back to the radio.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Hunter55
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4.3

Originally Posted by jclax01
I have the 4.3 boom system and mine did exactly the same thing, switched from the ipod to FM. its a bad cable or the plug into the ipod is bad. changed out my cable and problem solved. The system doesn't "see" the ipod right away and when it does see it, it changes or it sees the ipod but loses connection and goes back to the radio.
mine did the same thing I replaced the cord with new apple cord problem solved

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 RGS Radio problems