Sponsored by:

Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 01:57 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by dontdropit
Is your seat the black vinyl or leather? I noticed you you still have the oem Passenger backrest. How does the Corbin seat match up to the color of the oem backrest?
I need to jump in here. Corbin recovered my stock backrest for $149 bucks to match my saddle I did not care for their $400 buck back rest. I know you have to order a seat, but it is a great price. Corbin seats use leather in the butt area and vinyl on the sides. Check out their custom build site.http://corbin.com/seatconfig/

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 10-18-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:50 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I need to jump in here. Corbin recovered my stock backrest for $149 bucks to match my saddle I did not care for their $400 buck back rest. I know you have to order a seat, but it is a great price. Corbin seats use leather in the butt area and vinyl on the sides. Check out their custom build site.http://corbin.com/seatconfig/
I could be wrong but for some reason I was thinking you could select vinyl for the seating area if you prefer that over leather

Old 10-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your seat the black vinyl or leather? I noticed you you still have the oem Passenger backrest. How does the Corbin seat match up to the color of the oem backrest?
leather of course on the seat areas vinyl on sides... Matches fine to me... Other posted said $149 by Corbin to redo stock backrest... Sounds like a deal to me...

Old 10-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Swany6mm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For me, the problem is not being able to test fit the seat I love the look of the Corbin touring seat, and the description sound great, but I was able to do a couple hundred miles on the loaner Hammock from the dealer and I know it's comfortable as all get out compared to stock. Is the Corbin Tour the same? Better? Just "different"?

Old 10-18-2015, 03:17 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Swany6mm
For me, the problem is not being able to test fit the seat I love the look of the Corbin touring seat, and the description sound great, but I was able to do a couple hundred miles on the loaner Hammock from the dealer and I know it's comfortable as all get out compared to stock. Is the Corbin Tour the same? Better? Just "different"?
I had my last Corbin on my 2004 FLHTCI - got it in 2005 - put about 70K on that saddle over those 10 years - I can NOT tell you the number of times someone who has put their hand on my Corbin and said - "Man thats hard - how can you stand it?"

Its NOT hard - its firm and the 'trick' to Corbin is that it fits your butt - their web site explains it a lot better

All I can say is that my Corbin fit me so well I could do 300-400 miles a day for days on end and I felt great. Its just very hard to describe over a key board and I have talked Corbin since 1997 - Corbin is a Love it or Hate it seat - trying to buy over the internet is like trying to buy a custom fitted suit over the internet - "Hit and Miss.

Just finished a 600 mile trip on our Ultra Limited - Wife said "When are we getting our Corbin - Her complaint was 'Hot spots' but mostly that she Moved around alot - On the Corbin (our 2004) see stayed in place and NO hot spots

Old 10-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Swany6mm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harley0711
Its NOT hard - its firm and the 'trick' to Corbin is that it fits your butt - their web site explains it a lot better
I know the part of the website you are talking about. It talks about the foam. They use a dense, close cell foam, that's why it feels stiff, or hard. Other foams are "softer" and feel cushy, but they compress too much, and then you end up more on the seat pan than you do the foam. And, after some time, the foam will stay that way permanently. Mustang uses a dense close cell foam too, which is why I'm a little gun shy on the Corbins.

Mustang had phenomenal customer service (at least with me they did) from the second I bought my '14 CVO Softail. Dealer swapped the seat for me (loved the look of the OEM CVO seat, but HATED how it felt). The one the dealer put on it still wasn't right. Even though I picked it, and the dealer bought it and installed it, Mustang exchanged it for something else and I only had to pay the difference. But, like others have said, once bought, by the time you put enough time on it to see if it's right or not, your stuck with it, and, again, that's what's making me a bit gun shy.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:45 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I agree with you Swanny, I also have a Mustang, great seat, and C.S. but I'm always looking for the better seat, if there is one, like to try a Corbin, but money wasted is not in my budget, if I do not like it, Would like a try it program

Old 10-18-2015, 07:05 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I agree with you Swanny, I also have a Mustang, great seat, and C.S. but I'm always looking for the better seat, if there is one, like to try a Corbin, but money wasted is not in my budget, if I do not like it, Would like a try it program
This is sort of how I feel. Corbin's are expensive and if one is unfimaliar with them it makes it hard to make the purchase over the phone. A ride in would be the way to get it done if that was possible. I've sent Corbin a email with a couple of questions. Hopefully they will reply

Old 10-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Swany6mm
Cruiser

This is sort of how I feel. Corbin's are expensive and if one is unfimaliar with them it makes it hard to make the purchase over the phone. A ride in would be the way to get it done if that was possible. I've sent Corbin a email with a couple of questions. Hopefully they will reply
Agree. Would love to do a ride in. Problem is, for me, it's at least a 19 hour drive. Right now, that's just not in my future due to work and weather.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:27 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Swany6mm
Agree. Would love to do a ride in. Problem is, for me, it's at least a 19 hour drive. Right now, that's just not in my future due to work and weather.
Yeah know how you feel. For me its 2395 miles. That is just not going to happen

Quick Reply: Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?