2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?

Do you have a Corbin seat on your Rushmore? Did you order online? How was your experience with Corbin and the seat?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:39 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My stock seat is just dandy on the Ultra Limited - so I can't help you out.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:45 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by dontdropit
Do you have a Corbin seat on your Rushmore? Did you order online? How was your experience with Corbin and the seat?
Yes, no, I rode to the factory, and it is a great set up.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Yes, no, I rode to the factory, and it is a great set up.

Very good looking seat. A ride in would be the way to get it done that way you can make sure it fits like it should. I'm just too far away for a ride in.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:02 PM
artie2908
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 2015 Street Glide Special and ordered a Corbin Classic solo. I got a '50 style pillion, traditional back rest and the seat is heated. I viewed their website, called and spoke with a sales rep. She was actually pretty helpful. Took about 4-5 weeks to get it. Very happy with seat. wasnt cheap, but quality usually isnt. I figured if I wasnt happy with the seat I could always put it on ebay or craigslist. Very comfortable seat waaay better than the crap seat that came with it.

Attached Thumbnails Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?-img_1292.jpg   Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?-img_1519.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great seat... Highly recommended... All day no trouble... Corbin Dual Tour...

Old 10-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer

Old 10-17-2015, 11:39 PM
riderideride
Tourer

I ordered classic solo with electric heat over the phone, and pillion pad seat at same time. Had some questions about the pillion that I wanted to ask directly, instead of asking online. She was friendly and helpful. Was told X weeks. Few days later went on a trip, and it was waiting for me. Don't know exactly when it showed up, but it was under 10 days as I recall.

Had questions about the electrical hook up, they tried to transfer me to a tech, but it was around noon, and unavailable. They took my number and he gave me a call back in about 45min.

About 6 months later I also ordered the Hollywood Solo online. It also arrived quicker than expected. Both seats are regular black, nothing unusual, so maybe that had something to do with how quickly I got them.

I was also happy with Corbin on prior bikes. This '14 SGS I was open to different brand, tried different ones at Laughlin and AZ Bike Week, concluded Corbin is still the best for me.

My 15 year old backrest fits the Classic Solo, nice that they didn't really change the accessory fit. The Hollywood solo is nice around town, since sits lower, able to flatfoot better. It doesn't have as much padding or accept the backrest, so riding more than a few hundred miles, I like the Classic.

This is my first heated seat, and surprised how much I love that feature. As example, if just wearing a Tee-shirt and it cools off, instead of pulling over to put a jacket on, flipping heat on is enough to keep me warm until need gas. Even then, I often find I don't need the jacket.

edit-I do a lot of miles. So much so, that my last bike's Corbin, I wore through the leather a few times. I had Corbin recover that seat both times, and was also satisfied with how quickly it was done, along with being happy with the service.

Last edited by riderideride; 10-18-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:21 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I will be riding to the Hollister factory in a few weeks for my 'Ride in appointment' This will our fourth Harley and our Fourth Corbin - Got one for my 04 in 05 - sold that bike last month - That Corbin still looks New - Want to take that seat to the factory - Wife loves her area - wants the new one just like the old one.

The way the 'ride in appointment' works.. Show up at about 0800 - meet your builder - talk about what you want and he goes to work... several times we sit and tweak, sit, tweak,,, then go for ride, tweak, go for ride, tweak.... this goes on for as long as it take till You and your passenger say "Perfect" then the seat is covered and off you go with a true custom saddle - Corbin also says, if you need more tweaking... bring it back... I can do this because I live 80 miles away... Mail order??????????????????/

Corbin is a Love it or Hate it seat...

I am hearing Maybe Corbin has a new softer foam???????????????? I plan to do a complete post on my experience next month

BTW - after I build our 15 seat - the 04 seat and tour pack back rest will be for sale at about 20% of a new one, so if your a short rider and would like to try one for a fraction ,,,,,, PM me.. Not sure what years that 04 will fit,, but I will find out

Old 10-18-2015, 01:46 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadglide33
Is your seat the black vinyl or leather? I noticed you you still have the oem Passenger backrest. How does the Corbin seat match up to the color of the oem backrest?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you have a Corbin on your Rushmore?