Sponsored by:

FP3 on stock '15 RGS

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:09 PM
agram
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FP3 on stock '15 RGS

Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I recently purchased a new '15 RGS and heard that a VH FP3 put into it stock makes a big difference in performance, as the stock comes from the factory really lean. My thinking is: do this first , then second add extensions and third adding a bigger air filter....any experience/thoughts on adding the FP3 first?

Old 06-28-2016, 05:49 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,165 Posts

A member had his stock RGU dyno-tuned and the results were pretty impressive. I'm not saying the FP3 will do the same for your bike, but I think you would notice some performance gains.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...yno-tuned.html

Old 06-28-2016, 09:39 PM
TXPHNDL
Cruiser
Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts
Default FP3 on Stock 2014 Limited

I used an FP3 on my stock '14 Limited and thought it made a difference in performance and temperature. No dyno numbers to back it up, just felt smoother and more responsive.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:43 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I run a stock 2015 Road Glide CVO with a FP3. I auto tuned it using regular 87 octane gas and have ridden over 17K miles in the last 10 months with it. My fuel economy went up a few mpg, runs a bit cooler and stronger.
You won't make a mistake going with the FP3 first.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:09 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Dyno promise

I'm curious that if anybody out there did a deal that if they took their (supposedly horribly, crappy running, lean?, Rushmore), in for a tune and you told the tech that if you can't make it better than the factory do I get my money back, plus the tuner costs? I've had four tunes, paid for five but I'll take stock any day!

Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
I'm curious that if anybody out there did a deal that if they took their (supposedly horribly, crappy running, lean?, Rushmore), in for a tune and you told the tech that if you can't make it better than the factory do I get my money back, plus the tuner costs? I've had four tunes, paid for five but I'll take stock any day!
They may tell you they'll give you your money back but it'll never happen because it WILL improve the performance but it really depends on the guy doing the tune as to how much. That's what's nice about the FP3 because the tunes that they have (as well as other brands) have been tested and they're not too aggressive either which is a good thing for long term dependability.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:25 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Tuning for peak HP and TQ on a street bike is silly, it has to live in multiple rpm ranges. A good dyno guy is going to tune for a nice smooth curve no jagged peaks or dips in your dyno chart. That translates to smoother throttle response. And you do get increased HP and Torque. Even a bone stock bike will benefit from a good tune.

Last thing I want is a bike that want's surge or seek at neutral throttle in a turn when I am riding aggressively.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:58 PM
kabutl
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone messed up by putting the FP3 tuner on there bike? What is the down side of adding one? I have a 2015 Limited and would like to add one on my bike, just not sure if it is all good....

Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Check6
Road Captain

Received 299 Likes on 140 Posts

I installed one on my 16 RK Saturday morning after running 3000 miles on a stock tune. I noticed an immediate seat of the pants difference in performance. Not necessarily more powerful or faster, but a better application of the power and torque than what the motor company gave it from the factory... better / smoother throttle response, cooler engine (not much, but noticeable), no popping on deceleration. I won't say that the difference was like night and day... more like dusk and day.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Trykon
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

FP3 along with V&H True Duals and Ovals made a noticeable difference in the way my SGS moves.

Quick Reply: FP3 on stock '15 RGS