Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 up luggage Rack

Old 07-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Shakin
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2 up luggage Rack

H. D. makes a 2 up luggage rack, anyone have it and your thoughts, only thinking that it opens so wide to keep saddle bags free of stuff rubbing the paint on the tops , going to take a trip and want to get a real good one .
Going on a 2015 FLHXS i have the mounting hardware all ready installed , and have a hidden antenna on bike.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:02 PM
bjmcconk
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Stealth rack... provides both good looks and function. It is smaller but i have use the Saddleman 3400 bag with no issues.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

HD makes several luggage racks, which one are you referring to?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:26 PM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by bjmcconk
I have the Stealth rack... provides both good looks and function. It is smaller but i have use the Saddleman 3400 bag with no issues.
I also have a 2015 RGS and was thinking about the stealth rack in black but it seems I would have to relocate my antenna. Did you relocate yours if so where or did you just take it off.
I guess I'm one of the few that likes the look of my antenna and really don't want to take it off.
Thanks
Lefty
2015 RGS

Old 07-27-2016, 06:37 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 289 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
I also have a 2015 RGS and was thinking about the stealth rack in black but it seems I would have to relocate my antenna. Did you relocate yours if so where or did you just take it off.
I guess I'm one of the few that likes the look of my antenna and really don't want to take it off.
Thanks
Lefty
2015 RGS
I used this idea posted by another member worked perfect! I didn't notice any change in reception
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-antenna.html

Edit: I just wanted to add I laid the bracket over instead of bending the antenna so much but still the same idea

Last edited by larry bart; 07-27-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:47 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by larry bart
I used this idea posted by another member worked perfect! I didn't notice any change in reception
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-antenna.html

Edit: I just wanted to add I laid the bracket over instead of bending the antenna so much but still the same idea
I just did the same thing, from the U tube video.

I can't imagine any luggage rack HD sells would hit the bag lids sir, it wouldn't make sense. The "2 UP" rack just means it sets furthest back, like a tour pack, they make a solo luggage rack too, so it sits closer to the rider seat, cleans up the back of the bike.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:41 AM
Bad-Dog
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Two Up Luggage Rack
I have this rack and highly recommend it

Last edited by Bad-Dog; 07-28-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:20 AM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

We bought this one to pack some stuff on for a road trip we took earlier this Summer. Genuine HD and the bags lids open without interference.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:04 AM
smallwoodcd
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Went with the Airwing luggage rack. Instructions call for relocating the antenna but I just zip tied it to one of the bars on the rack. Holds my HD Day Bag perfectly and you can even add an additional brake light underneath.

Attached Thumbnails 2 up luggage Rack-luggage-rack.jpg  
Old 07-28-2016, 09:03 AM
bjmcconk
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
Thanks
Lefty
2015 RGS
I actually removed my antenna... in the process of looking at a shorty of some kind. Maybe the Kury chrome one. Just need to get another gasket for the antenna hole... I currently use my phone for all my music needs, with spotify.

Sorry for not helping.. I have the chrome rack which I talk about here in this video.

Im going with the Chrome Denim look.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 up luggage Rack