Sponsored by:

1.20.1 Boom! audio update available.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by silveradoman2
Other discussions say to do a radio reset after the update.
First question is it necessary? HD software update site doesn't talk about it.
Second question is if a radio reset is necessary how do you do it?
Any help appreciated
Yes the radio should be reset after any software upgrade or downgrade using the per-calibration reset.

The pre-calibration reset will remove all user setting made to the radio/nav and put them back to factory defaults. This will include GPS destination. Here's a good thread for exporting and importing user created destinations and maps before preforming the reset.

These steps were published by Biketronics Inc in this article.

1. Remove anything plugged into the radios USB port.
2. Keep any Bluetooth device away from the unit to avoid paring during procedure.
IMPORTANT! - Be sure bikes on/off switch is off for at least one minute before following this procedure.
3. Turn “run/kill” switch to “run” position.
4. Depress power/mute button on front of radio and turn ignition switch to “on”
position. (CONTINUE TO HOLD IN THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL AFTER YOU DISMISS THE “ACCEPT” SCREEN.) Note: on 4.2 radios use joystick to perform accept. Radio should now be showing ‘Service Menu’.
5. Scroll down to menu pick “RESET.” Select RESET.
6. From the list of reset menu picks, select “Pre Calib. Reset”. You will be asked to confirm your reset choice as: “Restore factory defaults.” Select Yes.
7. Radio will perform reset and reboot. After the reboot and “Accept”, turn off the radio for at least one minute.
8. Power up the radio and enjoy!

Update from BT: I wanted to make it known that we did find one drawback to the Reset procedure where if you have the AUX-in P&A accessory, it will remove the aux source choice from the radio. This will then require a trip to the Dealer to turn on the AUX-in source.

Last edited by Bertk; 08-25-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: AUX-In link added
The following users liked this post:
Schoondog (01-29-2017)
Old 08-24-2016, 11:46 PM
dpmerrill
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by wndchsr2
Speaking of the accept/warning screen........I was told by a dealer that I should always wait till I got the accept screen before starting the bike. He said since the infotainment system was basically a computer, I should let it boot fully before starting. Any basis for his suggestion?
I've wondered about that as well, but I always start my bike as soon as the red light goes out which happens a lot faster than the accept screen and I've never had any problems. With some updates, that accept screen just took too long!

I've noticed that the infotainment system is never affected by starting the engine. It seems like when the starter motor is cranking, the amp and display have the power interrupted, but the infotainment computer seems to maintain its power connection so the boot isn't interrupted. ...maybe like the ECM is a computer, but it doesn't lose power during startup...

Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Did the update, warning screen goes away bu itself! - really, this was a major PITA to me, glad they made this change.

Anyone have a link or a list of what the update does for the 4.3? Other than the warning screen.
Just go to the HD website and click on Version 1.20.1, just to the left of the Download button. The list will drop down from there.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...downloads.html

Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 AM
banddirector
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Anybody know why the Road Glide Ultra (non-CVO) isn't on the list?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:51 AM
VirtualT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is all very nice having "Azerbaijan Map has been added to the ROW map database" but where can we download the ROW (rest of World) 1.20.1 software?

I cant see it anywhere..

Old 08-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VirtualT
This is all very nice having "Azerbaijan Map has been added to the ROW map database" but where can we download the ROW (rest of World) 1.20.1 software?

I cant see it anywhere..
I agree. Seriously HD!!!

Old 08-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Jack the Lad
Tourer
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts

It'll appear on the EU website in a week or so. The poor overworked IT bods have had to put up the 2017 bikes first, and then gone off for a well earned nap...

Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
VirtualT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
It'll appear on the EU website in a week or so. The poor overworked IT bods have had to put up the 2017 bikes first, and then gone off for a well earned nap...
Yeah but Europe isn't ROW either, it has its own sw called "European region"

Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 AM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

The hard FAV button does not work now, although mine quit with 1.19.2. You can set it but it never recalls a FAV...

Anyone else??

Old 08-25-2016, 09:25 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by plongson
The hard FAV button does not work now, although mine quit with 1.19.2. You can set it but it never recalls a FAV...

Anyone else??
That's what mine used to do but was fixed on the update before this one. This update didn't take it away for mine. Still works as it should.

Quick Reply: 1.20.1 Boom! audio update available.