2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Touring owners with Corbin seats, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 02:17 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Ultra Touring owners with Corbin seats, please help.

Those of you Ultra owners running 2-up Corbin seats please help me understand what is great about these seats and differences in sitting position compared to stock. What's the comfort level of these seats? Do they sit higher, lower, closer or farther back than stock OEM seats? How long can you ride on your Corbin and still be comfortable? How are the Corbin backrests? I have a 2014 Limited and looking to upgrade, as I will be doing more longer rides.

Also, I have never sat on a Corbin. If there is anybody in the Dallas area that has one (preferably a dual), I'd treat you to a "beverage" of your choice and burger at Big Slick's Bar and Grill if I could give your Corbin a test sit.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by PopsHD; 11-20-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Not an ultra, but I'll chime in on the seat. It's a love-hate thing with Corbin, I love mine. Seats you slightly lower and farther back than stock touring (somewhere between 1/2 - 3/4" both down and back). I can (and have) go all day everyday on that seat. The foam is extremely firm and some guys just can't get used to it, but I can't see ever owning anything else. I start to feel it a little bit about 120 miles, but just lift a cheek for a few seconds and good to go. Normally do about 180-200 miles at a pop when we're laying down miles (better half has 5 gal softail) and after you get off to get gas and take a leak it's like you were never on the seat at all. Hop back on and ready to go for another tank full. Plenty of reviews (pos and neg) on here, do a search and will be easy to find. The backrest is plenty comfortable and like it because can switch between driver and passenger when needed. Will never have another bike without a backrest, I'm spoiled.

A lot of guys swear by Russel Day Long - I've never sat on one but couldn't let anything that fugly on my bike no matter how comfy it is.

The following users liked this post:
PopsHD (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 02:42 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Roadie13
Not an ultra, but I'll chime in on the seat. It's a love-hate thing with Corbin, I love mine. Seats you slightly lower and farther back than stock touring (somewhere between 1/2 - 3/4" both down and back). I can (and have) go all day everyday on that seat. The foam is extremely firm and some guys just can't get used to it, but I can't see ever owning anything else. I start to feel it a little bit about 120 miles, but just lift a cheek for a few seconds and good to go. Normally do about 180-200 miles at a pop when we're laying down miles (better half has 5 gal softail) and after you get off to get gas and take a leak it's like you were never on the seat at all. Hop back on and ready to go for another tank full. Plenty of reviews (pos and neg) on here, do a search and will be easy to find. The backrest is plenty comfortable and like it because can switch between driver and passenger when needed. Will never have another bike without a backrest, I'm spoiled.

A lot of guys swear by Russel Day Long - I've never sat on one but couldn't let anything that fugly on my bike no matter how comfy it is.

Thanks, Roadie! Exactly the kind of information I am looking for.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Skogdog
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I ditto what Roadie says. I have worn out a couple of Corbin solos, and as stated, the backrest is indispensable. For passengers, I'd recommend the 2 up seat. My Corbin passenger pillion cost almost as much as the Solo seat, and was abysmal. It was the most uncomfortable seat ever.
All Corbin seats have to get broken on a bit to fit you correctly. Many don't like the firmness...I'm skinny (5'10", 160 lbs), and maybe just not heavy enough to get uncomfortable...hahah
If you want a seat for looks, get the marine grade vinyl...if you want cooler hot weather riding, get the leather, which breathes better on hot days.

The following users liked this post:
PopsHD (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 05:12 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts
Default corbin

I have a solo tour and like it yes its firmer and it sets lower and back we have corbin back rest for both of us and they give great support the only complaint is the price but if it rides better and longer I think it is a good trade off

Attached Thumbnails Ultra Touring owners with Corbin seats, please help.-img_1225.jpg   Ultra Touring owners with Corbin seats, please help.-img_1226.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Corbin classic solo. Great seat! I can spend the whole day in the saddle and not be sore.
If you can, Corbin has a ride in program that allows you to ride to their facility so your seat can be custom fitted to you.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:25 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso
I have the Corbin classic solo. Great seat! I can spend the whole day in the saddle and not be sore. If you can, Corbin has a ride in program that allows you to ride to their facility so your seat can be custom fitted to you.
Great looking solo you have there. Wish I could do the ride in but I'm in Texas. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pictorial.html

The above is part 1 - the link to part 2 is at the bottom of post #1

Because my Corbin Fits ME perfectly - NO Harley seat will ever be able to do this. As stated,, Corbins are a Love it or hate it seat... My longest ride was 8,000 miles in 26 days - Two up and felt Great each and every day... No Harley seat could have done that for Me. And it keeps the wife very happy

Last edited by harley0711; 11-20-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harley0711
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pictorial.html

The above is part 1 - the link to part 2 is at the bottom of post #1

Because my Corbin Fits ME perfectly - NO Harley seat will ever be able to do this. As stated,, Corbins are a Love it or hate it seat... My longest ride was 8,000 miles in 26 days - Two up and felt Great each and every day... No Harley seat could have done that for Me. And it keeps the wife very happy
Wow! Very cool experience. Would love to do that.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:09 PM
ursman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my Corbin for well over a year now and approximately 16K miles on it. I've never had a more comfortable seat. I've got the back rest and TP rest for my missus. She states that it's a bit hard but has a pillion pad now. I have zero complaints in quality of workmanship or comfort. The heated option also doesn't suck on cold days

Quick Reply: Ultra Touring owners with Corbin seats, please help.