Sponsored by:

Harley URL for Ver 1.20.3 Now Active.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:56 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by cadent47
Siri works. I checked my settings and sure enough Siri was turned off while locked. Fixed that and it works perfectly. Just hold the voice command button longer and it activates Siri.
Thanks! I'll have to try that.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:56 AM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

A couple questions about Siri usage :

1) So the length of time that I hold the 'voice command button' determines whether the command goes to the Boom unit vs Siri ?

2) Just curious, what kinda of things would a person typically ask Siri while riding ?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
A couple questions about Siri usage :

1) So the length of time that I hold the 'voice command button' determines whether the command goes to the Boom unit vs Siri ?

2) Just curious, what kinda of things would a person typically ask Siri while riding ?
2) "Where is the nearest McDonalds?"
"Play music by Red Hot Chili Peppers"
"Play playlist Eighties Hair Bands"

Old 01-20-2017, 10:36 AM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
2) "Where is the nearest McDonalds?"
"Play music by Red Hot Chili Peppers"
"Play playlist Eighties Hair Bands"
OK, I would have used the GPS to find the nearest McDs, but maybe quicker with Siri...

I use Boom commands to get to the music I want.

I'm not saying there isnt a place for Siri usage, but I'm not sure how *I* will reap additional functionality ............

Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
OK, I would have used the GPS to find the nearest McDs, but maybe quicker with Siri...

I use Boom commands to get to the music I want.

I'm not saying there isnt a place for Siri usage, but I'm not sure how *I* will reap additional functionality ............
Meh... me either, to be perfectly honest. Maybe someone else has a solution we haven't thought of and they'll come along and respond.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

With my 4.3 system on the Ultra Classic, that voice button never worked or did anything that lead to anything but dangerous as you go down the road.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Terminator1
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys...I can confirm that there isn't a conspiracy plotted out by the MOTO company. I guess they were just ironing out the kinks. After downloading the software, I simply clicked "EXTRACT ALL FILES". Then I saved it to my desktop as prescribed by an earlier poster Bluehighways. After that I right clicked on the larger file and clicked on "rename". Next I removed CVO. The "ISO" was already there so I didn't have to put anything there. After dragging and dropping it into my jump drive I loaded it into my 2016 Road Glide Non-CVO head unit. VOILA...the CVO boot-up graphic is there and no other changes were made. She works like a charm. I will add though that I did download the Premium 6.5GT 1.20.3 software on a separate jump drive from the Premium CVO software "just in case". I also have the original 1.20.1 software on a separate jump drive for safe keeping if the 1.20.3 is problematic. Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Terminator1
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunnyday91360
Did you reset your system? Folks over at Biketronics told me to reset my system to pick-up all facets of an update. I did that for the first time after installing 1.20.1 and it really made a difference in the quality of the sound, bass in particular. Not like my home system, but not bad for two fairing spkrs. Maybe they have fixed that in 1.20.3 and now there is no need to reset the system?
How do you reset the system? I installed the update with the CVO splash screen. I did notice the stereo response to sound different...better...could be psychological. But I'm very interested in hbow to reset the system to see what it does.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Terminator1
How do you reset the system? I installed the update with the CVO splash screen. I did notice the stereo response to sound different...better...could be psychological. But I'm very interested in hbow to reset the system to see what it does.
My ears also tell me the CVO software update does give better sound

Old 01-21-2017, 06:26 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

I installed the new update and had no issues. The Bluetooth does connect automatically again. Yeah!

Quick Reply: Harley URL for Ver 1.20.3 Now Active.